Lsass.exe going haywire!

catamount

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2005

Alright, I have this laptop on my work network, running WinXP SP2 fully
patched. When I dial into any ISP (I say any as I tried my ISP, AOHell,
Work dialin, and earthlink.) Lsas.exe service goes maxing out on me
for about 45 minutes. Then it goes down, but after that I can't do
anything. It tells me "There is not enough memory" when ever I try to
open anything after that, even if I try to map a drive. This Laptop is
a member of a domain and when at home dialing into the Internet its not
part of the Domain, but the user still logs in as if connected to the
domain (do you understand what I mean?) I am still learning XP as we
are starting to get PCs with XP on them connecting to our all Win2k
network. Any ideas?

Take a look here
http://www.komando.com/tips_show.asp?showID=7653

Catamount wrote:
> Alright, I have this laptop on my work network, running WinXP SP2 fully
> patched. When I dial into any ISP (I say any as I tried my ISP, AOHell,
> Work dialin, and earthlink.) Lsas.exe service goes maxing out on me for
> about 45 minutes. Then it goes down, but after that I can't do
> anything. It tells me "There is not enough memory" when ever I try to
> open anything after that, even if I try to map a drive. This Laptop is
> a member of a domain and when at home dialing into the Internet its not
> part of the Domain, but the user still logs in as if connected to the
> domain (do you understand what I mean?) I am still learning XP as we
> are starting to get PCs with XP on them connecting to our all Win2k
> network. Any ideas?

UPDATE!!!

I figured out the problem. The user was using the latest version of
SPAMPAL. After rolling back to the earlier version, the issue went
away. Sent a message to SPAMPAL about a possible bug.