Well I wondered if Zalman was going to be able to 'passi-fy' this generation of cards, well it appears we have our answer thanks to Galaxy Technology. Their soon to be announce passive GF6800 is <i>currently</i> on the front page of nVNews;

<A HREF="http://www.nvnews.net/index.shtml#1088772915" target="_new">http://www.nvnews.net/index.shtml#1088772915</A>

Now that's pretty sweet looking. The Blue looks good, but it's Matrox's colour, ya' dumb Ba$tardz! :wink:

Sure it's not an Ultra or a GT, but hey it's still nice!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

I bet that thing runs hot though. Definatly not the solution if you are overclocking. Still, pretty cool (no pun indended!)

My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.

Yeah, even the Sapphire R9800XT Ultimate Edition ran a little too hot for JUST the heatpipe for LONG gaming periods, and it was 'recommended' that you use their big branded fan overtop if you planned on any OC'ing.

I think the plain vanilla GF6800 though may be ok, I doubt it's going the 80c trick that the GT and Ultra do with their full compliment of 16 pipes. The main thing is a nice quiet solution with enough power to be worthy of being called a gaming card.

My Question is whether this type of solution would have enough room in an SLI/Alien-Array configuration to get proper cooling. If that's the case it could offer some interesting performance figures for a quiet rig. In any case I think it means it's likely that you'll see a similar UE edition from Sapphire for the X800pro (I doubt for the X800XT), which also would be nice. There's something to be said about not having a Braun Coffee grinder on your card. :lol:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: