A: RECYCLER??

Hi, ok... at the end of the Windows XP CD copying process, the copying Wizard
deletes the file and it goes straight to A:Recycler.... what happens to it
once its there? Does it get subsequently overwritten? or does it just sit
there like a turkey waiting to be "Restored" if neccessary?
6 answers Last reply
More about recycler

    Sorry i meant C :Recycler!!! Doh.....

    "Howie" wrote:

    > Hi, ok... at the end of the Windows XP CD copying process, the copying Wizard
    > deletes the file and it goes straight to A:Recycler.... what happens to it
    > once its there? Does it get subsequently overwritten? or does it just sit
    > there like a turkey waiting to be "Restored" if neccessary?

    When you delete a file in Windows Explorer, the file is stored in the
    Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the Recycle
    Bin or restore the file. The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS
    partitions. The Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that
    logs on to the computer, sorted by their security identifier (SID).

    Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136517/EN-US/

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry i meant C :Recycler!!! Doh.....
    >
    > "Howie" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, ok... at the end of the Windows XP CD copying process, the copying
    >> Wizard
    >> deletes the file and it goes straight to A:Recycler.... what happens to
    >> it
    >> once its there? Does it get subsequently overwritten? or does it just sit
    >> there like a turkey waiting to be "Restored" if neccessary?

    Thank you Ramesh, but you didnt answer my Q. So what you are saying then is
    that when the file was automatically deleted by the copying wizard it sits in
    the Recycler folder until the Recycle Bin is emptied, even though it does not
    show up in the Recycle Bin....

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > When you delete a file in Windows Explorer, the file is stored in the
    > Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the Recycle
    > Bin or restore the file. The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS
    > partitions. The Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that
    > logs on to the computer, sorted by their security identifier (SID).
    >
    > Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136517/EN-US/
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry i meant C :Recycler!!! Doh.....
    > >
    > > "Howie" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi, ok... at the end of the Windows XP CD copying process, the copying
    > >> Wizard
    > >> deletes the file and it goes straight to A:Recycler.... what happens to
    > >> it
    > >> once its there? Does it get subsequently overwritten? or does it just sit
    > >> there like a turkey waiting to be "Restored" if neccessary?

    Howie,

    Create a dummy file, say a "text document" and delete it. Now empty the
    Recycle Bin. If the Recycler folder is still not cleared, see if manually
    emptying the Recycler folder helps:

    Files Are Not Deleted From Recycler Folder:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=229041

    --

    > Thank you Ramesh, but you didnt answer my Q. So what you are saying then
    > is
    > that when the file was automatically deleted by the copying wizard it sits
    > in
    > the Recycler folder until the Recycle Bin is emptied, even though it does
    > not
    > show up in the Recycle Bin....
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> When you delete a file in Windows Explorer, the file is stored in the
    >> Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the
    >> Recycle
    >> Bin or restore the file. The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS
    >> partitions. The Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that
    >> logs on to the computer, sorted by their security identifier (SID).
    >>
    >> Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136517/EN-US/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Sorry i meant C :Recycler!!! Doh.....

    But if the file is allowed to just "sit there" will it get overwritten seeing
    as it has been deleted by the wizard?

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Howie,
    >
    > Create a dummy file, say a "text document" and delete it. Now empty the
    > Recycle Bin. If the Recycler folder is still not cleared, see if manually
    > emptying the Recycler folder helps:
    >
    > Files Are Not Deleted From Recycler Folder:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=229041
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thank you Ramesh, but you didnt answer my Q. So what you are saying then
    > > is
    > > that when the file was automatically deleted by the copying wizard it sits
    > > in
    > > the Recycler folder until the Recycle Bin is emptied, even though it does
    > > not
    > > show up in the Recycle Bin....
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> When you delete a file in Windows Explorer, the file is stored in the
    > >> Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the
    > >> Recycle
    > >> Bin or restore the file. The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS
    > >> partitions. The Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that
    > >> logs on to the computer, sorted by their security identifier (SID).
    > >>
    > >> Also, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136517/EN-US/
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    I guess the files will be over-written or deleted in due course of time.
    Therorically, the files in the Recycler should not be used by the wizard
    again (CD Burning wizard?)

    --

    > But if the file is allowed to just "sit there" will it get overwritten
    > seeing
    > as it has been deleted by the wizard?
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Howie,
    >>
    >> Create a dummy file, say a "text document" and delete it. Now empty the
    >> Recycle Bin. If the Recycler folder is still not cleared, see if manually
    >> emptying the Recycler folder helps:
    >>
    >> Files Are Not Deleted From Recycler Folder:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=229041
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Howie" <Howie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thank you Ramesh, but you didnt answer my Q. So what you are saying
    >> > then
    >> > is
    >> > that when the file was automatically deleted by the copying wizard it
    >> > sits
    >> > in
    >> > the Recycler folder until the Recycle Bin is emptied, even though it
    >> > does
    >> > not
    >> > show up in the Recycle Bin....

Microsoft Windows XP