Hi Guys,

i have been arcade collecting for about a year now and i have decided
to get into repair... i recently splashed out and got a 32 channel
analyzer, a fluke scope and a kick arse soldering station with the hope
of reparing some of my "unknown condition" ebay bargins (bargins for a
reason).

i had a shot at it a few times, trying to repair some dead galaxians
and a dead pacmans... but couldnt work it out on my own. read the
repair guides, 3 or 4 times over for both games and not a whole lot of
help.

so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
can communicate (love the internet).

is there anyone out there interested in maybe mentoring me a little, to
get me started in the basics of repair? promise i wont pester you with
massive long complicated emails... and hell, i'll even paypal you some
cash for your time.

let me know if anyone is intersted.

-nat

I my opinion before you can start debugging embedded systems (which is
what an arcade game realy is) you have to get familiar with them first.
Now you don't have to go nutz and get a degree in this stuff (although
it helps :) ) but you should understand the basics. Even beyong
schematics you should know:
- Digital logic (logic gates, latches, memory, ...what they do and how
they work)
- Embedded system basics (how to acess ROM, RAM..what a microprocessor
does)
- Debugging techniques (most important in my opinion.. once a symptom
is found, how do I go about findingthe source of the problem?)

Probing a board won't tell you anything unless you can read the
schematics to understand the layout of the hardware, and then
understand how the whole thing works (or in this case... is supposed to
work) :)
No I went to college for this but I'm sure there are ample book out
there that teach this stuff too. I had considered teaching a web
course on the subject and people who were interested could just
download the free lectures. Now that graduate school is over 4 me .. I
just may do that. :)

Fell free to email w/questions...
-Adam Courchesne
ajcrm125@gmail.com
www.onecircuit.com

Yes but a logic analyzer won't tell you anything if:
A) you don't know what you're looking at
B) you don't know what you're looking for

Nathan, Phil,

My best advice is to get on the web and begin reading as much as you
can about the basics, digital electronics, transistors, passive
components (capacitors, resistors, etc), how embedded systems
(microprocessors) are put together, Ohm's Law, and get a good
foundation for understanding what you're about to repair. I think a
good litmus test to know if you're ready is to be able to pick up any
given data sheet on any common part (74xx series) and be able to
understand 85-90% of what the data sheet says. Take a minute and go to
www.ti.com and search for part 74ls74. Download the data sheet and take
a quick look at the kinds of things to understand, and then Google
search from there. Once you understand what the components are doing,
then move on to learning how to read schematics and how the components
work together.

Once you understand the basics, then learn about 'tricks' (not
shortcuts) for repairing pcbs. (Maybe 'techniques' is a better word
there.) Best place to start there is Randy Fromm's Secret Tech Server.
Also Google on RGVAC for specific problems, and as always you can ask
us specific questions. :)

Here are a few links to get you started:

www.play-hookey.com
http://slot-tech-ftp.serveftp.com:8080/technical_department/
http://www.starbase74.com/mame/solderframe.htm
http://www.elexp.com/tips.htm
http://artfromny.com/testing_transistors.htm :)
http://www.eastaughs.fsnet.co.uk/tutorial/cpu/index.htm

Learning how to troubleshoot and repair pcbs doesn't happen overnight,
but once you have the basics down and have some experience it can be
very rewarding!

Good luck!

- Craig

Guys, i'm in the same boat as phil. I'm a network engineer by trade.
i know how to read a schematic, i know how to what ram/rom/proc does
and i also know what logic gates are and how they work.

what i lack is being able to look at a galaxian board that gives junk
on the screen, know where that problem is being caused (is it ram? or
is it in the data path somewhere?) where to find the "rough" area to
look. At the moment, i sit down with my logic analyzer, hook up the
clips to all legs on 8080 and see whats giving me either a constant 0.
If all legs are buzzing, then i used my probe to poke around the board.
If most of the chips are buzzing, than i have 0 idea what to do next.

What i need is someone to bounce questions off. I've tried it before in
this NG and all i get is "replace ram/rom/cpu/74LS245's"... which is
not very helpful... i belive this is called "shot gun" ;P...

I dont mind doing the reading, if i get some decent books... i've tried
the randy from stuff and its actually not very good. It jumps from
being basic circuit stuff to "and thats how to fix a board" with no
real actual troubleshooting demo's in the middle.

again, more keen to speak with someone to get the basics of what to
look for.. not nessisarily how each component works individually... but
how to break the system up into troubleshootable bits.

-nat

Hi Nat,
Unfortunatley I am In Chicago or I would welcome your help. I haved so
much repair work at this time it is not funny.

You might want to pickup a few basic tools that will help you to fix
boards and other game problems.
Besides the Basic Tools.

Here's a List

1: Logic probe
2: Analog MultiMeter
3: Digital Multi with a Diode Check
4: Degause coil
5: Solder /Desolder Station
6: Magnifier w/lamp
7: Ascorted Chip Pullers
8: Solder Wick
9: Good Scope. Dual Trace with memory store is perfered.
10: ISOLATION TRANSFORMER For your test equipment to plug into
Very important when you start probing around Monitor boards.
11: Dental Picks. Insulate one for use as a probe when you start to
look for damaged traces.
12: Plastic TV Alignment Tools
13: In Line Transistor Checker
14: RGB Patter Generator
15: ESR CAP Checker
16: Bag of Asorted Clip Leads
17: Dremel Tool for cutting the pins on IC's
18: Assorted IC Sockets.
19: Logic Cheat Sheet. AND,OR,NAN gate logic sheet.
20: 26 to 28 gauge wire for repairing damaged traces.
21: Electron Micro Scope for Trace repair.
22: Tube Rejuvenator One of my Favorites
23: Burnishing tools
24: Scotch Brigths.
25: Old Tooth Brush and Isopropa Alchol to clean up the flux.
26: Hot Air Solder Station for SMD(Service Mount Device) reair.
27: Very Very Fine Solder.
28: Silver Solder for the Hi Heat Area's.
29: High Voltage Probe
30: Data Book on IC's or Wireless Laptop with Internet for Research. So
you can pull up Data Sheets on the IC's you are probing.

A good Stock of IC's. Otherwise all your time for repair is now sitting
on a shelf waiting for a part that you replace then find another part
that you need to off to the internet to reporder and waite

It is at the point were I will work on the outside problems on a board.
The Buffer chips that are used to interface stuff like Player 1 and 2
Buttons,Power issues, Damaged Traces
Beyond that I send my boards out for repair. It is cheaper in the long
run and I can utilize my time fixing something else. There are enough
Tech's out there that have been doing board repairs for so long they
can find the problem with there eye's closed as they pass there hands
across the board.
If you do a search you will find some good info on the particular board
you wish to reair.

Still want to Play Boards :)

Have Fun

J & R

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

About the same story here... Would really like to get into PCB repairs, but
not much information available that goes beyond "check eproms & reseat
socketed IC's"...

Haven't got that 32 channel analyzer & fluke scope either :-(

I was also looking for the repair logs but the ftp site for this group seems
to be unavailable.

Hopefully someone will get back on this...

"_NathanK_" <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> i have been arcade collecting for about a year now and i have decided
> to get into repair... i recently splashed out and got a 32 channel
> analyzer, a fluke scope and a kick arse soldering station with the hope
> of reparing some of my "unknown condition" ebay bargins (bargins for a
> reason).
>
> i had a shot at it a few times, trying to repair some dead galaxians
> and a dead pacmans... but couldnt work it out on my own. read the
> repair guides, 3 or 4 times over for both games and not a whole lot of
> help.
>
> so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
> repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
> learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
> someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
> to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
> can communicate (love the internet).
>
> is there anyone out there interested in maybe mentoring me a little, to
> get me started in the basics of repair? promise i wont pester you with
> massive long complicated emails... and hell, i'll even paypal you some
> cash for your time.
>
> let me know if anyone is intersted.
>
> -nat

> 21: Electron Micro Scope for Trace repair.

!!!

You're not repairing molecules are you? ;-) A 10x-50x scope is good
for surface mount and fine pitch stuff - that's mostly 1990's and later
boards. The rest of the list is fairly comprehensive. One thing I wold
add is a good regulated benchtop power supply. A variable supply 0V to
30V @ 5A is ideal.

- Craig

Nathan,

Sounds like you need to speak with someone who's repaired a few
Galaxian boards. I did one a while back. The invaders were missing red,
and were black and two other colors. Turns out the PROM driving the D/A
resistors was bad. Couldn't find any of those PROMs to burn, so I
replaced the particular 'red' resistor with a lower value. Half-assed,
but it did work! ;-)

Try www.elektronforge.com ?

- Craig

Anytime! ;-)

Sure would be cool if there were a Spies-type site dedicated to repair
logs. Most of the repair logs I've seen have been on individual's
websites, and if detailed, are dedicated to one game. Try:

http://coinop.org/repair/index.aspx

....or:

http://www.ionpool.net/

- Craig

> 21: Electron Micro Scope for Trace repair.

My Bad Phil.
I Have . A Micro Scope With a External Light Source Ring. Not an
Electron Micro Scope.
Spaced a Bit. Thought it is great for removing Slivers. :)

I Picked Up My Micro Scope From a Cellular Repair place that was going
out of business. For $200
It has a Light Ring that sits around the lower lens and is coupled to a
external/variable halogen light source.

Alot of the boards I find that come from Ebay not only have Component
Failure but have there traces damaged from major miss handling over the
years.

Anytime! ;-)

Sure would be cool if there was a Spies site dedicated to repair logs.
Most repair logs I've seen have been on individual's webpages, and if
detailed, then usually specific to one game. Try:

http://coinop.org/repair/index.aspx

....or maybe:

http://www.ionpool.net/

- Craig

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

As I am also interested in this repair stuff some questions/remarks:

(1) I will see if I can get ahold of a cheap logic probe on eBay. Although I
have no idea how to use it yet one day it may prove useful. I do understand
that it kind of visualizes the data signals (<0.8v = 0; > 2.4v = 1) if a
line is always 0 or 1 it might indicate a possible failure (although not
necessarely it is to be considered one).

(2) I was surprised about the remarks with respect to reading the
schematics. I thought for most of these pcb's schematics are hard to find
and you are kind of supposed to work it out on your own.

(3) Are there any sites/references/books you can suggest regarding the stuff
you think one should have knowledge about before looking at the actual pcb
boards. I am a software programmer myself (btw good luck with that OpenGL
programming) and I do know how some of these things (are supposed to) work
from a users point of view... A lot of the beginners stuff seems to focus on
creating your own pcb experiments which is of little or no interest to me.
Any idea where I should look for a "speed course" ? I've been reading quite
a bit about resistors, transistors, capacitors and more stuff like that and
have a basic idea what they do on their own. When you put them on a full
blown pcb board it doesnt make that much sense anymore though (although
filtering out spikes etc seems to make sense to me). Anyway these boards are
full of IC's (especially 74XX logic), some ROM and RAM chips and a few
microprocessors (Z80/MC68000) and not too many of those single components
the electronics courses I found on the net seem to focus on...

(4) At this moment I am looking at a pcb board which seems to have dynamic
"noise" in its background. I don't think it is a rom problem (as the data is
not wrong, there is just noise on a per 8x8 tile basis) but don't know how
to solve it. Actually I think something is broking in the video circuitry
(ram chip ? how do I even find the video circuitry on the board ?) but have
no idea how to isolate/deduct the problem. I don't have any spare rams
available at the moment (is piggy backing just putting the same chip on top
of the on board chip ?) so it is hard to test. If the problem is in one of
the logic chips I have no idea where to start looking (I suppose this is the
point where the logic probe comes into play).

Thanks for your comments

Phil

"ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I my opinion before you can start debugging embedded systems (which is
> what an arcade game realy is) you have to get familiar with them first.
> Now you don't have to go nutz and get a degree in this stuff (although
> it helps :) ) but you should understand the basics. Even beyong
> schematics you should know:
> - Digital logic (logic gates, latches, memory, ...what they do and how
> they work)
> - Embedded system basics (how to acess ROM, RAM..what a microprocessor
> does)
> - Debugging techniques (most important in my opinion.. once a symptom
> is found, how do I go about findingthe source of the problem?)
>
> Probing a board won't tell you anything unless you can read the
> schematics to understand the layout of the hardware, and then
> understand how the whole thing works (or in this case... is supposed to
> work) :)
> No I went to college for this but I'm sure there are ample book out
> there that teach this stuff too. I had considered teaching a web
> course on the subject and people who were interested could just
> download the free lectures. Now that graduate school is over 4 me .. I
> just may do that. :)
>
> Fell free to email w/questions...
> -Adam Courchesne
> ajcrm125@gmail.com
> www.onecircuit.com

Yes... but if he has a logic analyzer the he doesn't need to buy a logic
probe (which is a downgrade), which is what I was responding to...

> Yes but a logic analyzer won't tell you anything if:
> A) you don't know what you're looking at
> B) you don't know what you're looking for

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Craig,

Thank you very much for the information. Your comments are most helpful.

It is getting pretty clear that I should put those pcb's aside for a while
and concentrate on all of the basic electronics first. Once I understand how
the logic circuits are doing their magic I should start asking for
"techniques" as how to track down a specific error in any of the circuits.

Is there an ftp site carrying the archive of the "repair logs" that have
been posted here ?

I've always been intrigued by electronics and so I do not expect to learn it
"overnight"... Some insight from the pro's is definately most welcome
though... So I know what areas to focus on and which ones not...

Best regards,

Filip

In article <1114507675.438311.85630@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
_NathanK_ <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote:
>so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
>repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
>learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
>someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
>to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
>can communicate (love the internet).

You sound like where I was about a year ago. It's definitely a steep
learning curve.

The number one thing you're going to need is the schematics. If you
don't have schematics then stop now. It's really hard to fix something
if you don't know how it is supposed to work and what's connected to
what. Yes, eventually as you get more familiar with electronics theory
and concepts you can do some basic troubleshooting on boards that you
don't have any schematics for, but that takes time.

It also helps to be really good at troubleshooting and critical
thinking. Most repairs aren't going to be something you can follow a
flow chart to fix, you're going to have to understand what's going on
and what's going wrong and be able to trace something back to find
what *is* working. My background of doing programming and network
administration (yes one of those freaks that can do both well), as
well as a bit of mechanical engineering probably helps. I've also
always been the one in the family that people ask to fix their broken
stuff, or at parties they hand me their presents that "require some
assembly". :)

Your "internet classroom" idea is intriguing. You might need quite a
few webcams on your end though so the "instructor" can see what all
your equipment is doing as well as where you are poking at on the
board.

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/

In article <1114527876.998281.280980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
_NathanK_ <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote:
>again, more keen to speak with someone to get the basics of what to
>look for.. not nessisarily how each component works individually... but
>how to break the system up into troubleshootable bits.

Ok, here's what I do:

Hook up board to test bench and fire it up and see what the problem
is. If it's something I've seen before (which doesn't happen too
often) then I do what I did last time and see if it worked.

If it's not something I've seen before, I pull out the schematics and
start digging through them following the logic and looking for parts
that probably are part of the circuit that *appears* to be
malfunctioning. Then I'll check voltages and/or fiddle with the logic
probe to see if a part looks like it's doing the right thing.

If it doesn't look right then I'll try to do a little more backtracing
to see if there's anything further upstream that might be bad
(hopefully to find something that's socketed and an easy swap).

If the part appears ok then it's back to the schematic to re-study the
logic and try again.

Google searches can help occasionally (which is why I've been trying
to post my repair logs) but for arcade PCBs it seems like most of the
time they don't turn up much of anything.

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/
Or check my repair logs:
http://blog.videoracer.com/blog/

Don't you worry about the danger of ungrounding the scope when plugging it
into an isolation transformer?

Thanks,

Frank

"J & R" <arcadeadventures@aol.com> wrote in message

> 9: Good Scope. Dual Trace with memory store is perfered.
> 10: ISOLATION TRANSFORMER For your test equipment to plug into
> Very important when you start probing around Monitor boards.

unless you have an in-circuit emulator it's generally not an easy thing to
debug logic running at full speed...

if you have an analyzer that lets you set complex triggers (and enough
probes/depth to make it feasable) then you can capture bus activity at
different points and see where things aren't correct.

Of course, shotgunning may very well make sense for older boards... the cost
of even a dozen 74xx parts is generally negligable compared to the time it
takes to narrow the problem down... especially if you're quick at
de-soldering/soldering (I'm not!)

steve

> Guys, i'm in the same boat as phil. I'm a network engineer by trade.
> i know how to read a schematic, i know how to what ram/rom/proc does
> and i also know what logic gates are and how they work.
>
> what i lack is being able to look at a galaxian board that gives junk
> on the screen, know where that problem is being caused (is it ram? or
> is it in the data path somewhere?) where to find the "rough" area to
> look. At the moment, i sit down with my logic analyzer, hook up the
> clips to all legs on 8080 and see whats giving me either a constant 0.
> If all legs are buzzing, then i used my probe to poke around the board.
> If most of the chips are buzzing, than i have 0 idea what to do next.
>
> What i need is someone to bounce questions off. I've tried it before in
> this NG and all i get is "replace ram/rom/cpu/74LS245's"... which is
> not very helpful... i belive this is called "shot gun" ;P...
>
> I dont mind doing the reading, if i get some decent books... i've tried
> the randy from stuff and its actually not very good. It jumps from
> being basic circuit stuff to "and thats how to fix a board" with no
> real actual troubleshooting demo's in the middle.
>
> again, more keen to speak with someone to get the basics of what to
> look for.. not nessisarily how each component works individually... but
> how to break the system up into troubleshootable bits.
>
> -nat

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

start from the basics and get a logic probe. Learn how to read the
schematics and get to know the pinout and function of the 74xx series of
chips! A quick look with a logic probe will tell you a lot if you know what
you are looking at.

"Phil" <mtksrtfix@ulmail.net> wrote in message
> About the same story here... Would really like to get into PCB repairs,
but
> not much information available that goes beyond "check eproms & reseat
> socketed IC's"...
>
> Haven't got that 32 channel analyzer & fluke scope either :-(
>
> I was also looking for the repair logs but the ftp site for this group
seems
> to be unavailable.
>
> Hopefully someone will get back on this...
>

> "_NathanK_" <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > i have been arcade collecting for about a year now and i have decided
> > to get into repair... i recently splashed out and got a 32 channel
> > analyzer, a fluke scope and a kick arse soldering station with the hope
> > of reparing some of my "unknown condition" ebay bargins (bargins for a
> > reason).
> >
> > i had a shot at it a few times, trying to repair some dead galaxians
> > and a dead pacmans... but couldnt work it out on my own. read the
> > repair guides, 3 or 4 times over for both games and not a whole lot of
> > help.
> >
> > so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
> > repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
> > learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
> > someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
> > to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
> > can communicate (love the internet).
> >
> > is there anyone out there interested in maybe mentoring me a little, to
> > get me started in the basics of repair? promise i wont pester you with
> > massive long complicated emails... and hell, i'll even paypal you some
> > cash for your time.
> >
> > let me know if anyone is intersted.
> >
> > -nat

>get a logic probe

He doesn't need one... he went and bought himself a 32 channel logic
analyzer...

He he... just wait until he bumps something and all those little frigging
clips come popping off! you NEVER get them back where they were the first
time

"VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> start from the basics and get a logic probe. Learn how to read the
> schematics and get to know the pinout and function of the 74xx series of
> chips! A quick look with a logic probe will tell you a lot if you know
> what
> you are looking at.
>

> "Phil" <mtksrtfix@ulmail.net> wrote in message
>> About the same story here... Would really like to get into PCB repairs,
> but
>> not much information available that goes beyond "check eproms & reseat
>> socketed IC's"...
>>
>> Haven't got that 32 channel analyzer & fluke scope either :-(
>>
>> I was also looking for the repair logs but the ftp site for this group
> seems
>> to be unavailable.
>>
>> Hopefully someone will get back on this...
>>

>> "_NathanK_" <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > i have been arcade collecting for about a year now and i have decided
>> > to get into repair... i recently splashed out and got a 32 channel
>> > analyzer, a fluke scope and a kick arse soldering station with the hope
>> > of reparing some of my "unknown condition" ebay bargins (bargins for a
>> > reason).
>> >
>> > i had a shot at it a few times, trying to repair some dead galaxians
>> > and a dead pacmans... but couldnt work it out on my own. read the
>> > repair guides, 3 or 4 times over for both games and not a whole lot of
>> > help.
>> >
>> > so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
>> > repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
>> > learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
>> > someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
>> > to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
>> > can communicate (love the internet).
>> >
>> > is there anyone out there interested in maybe mentoring me a little, to
>> > get me started in the basics of repair? promise i wont pester you with
>> > massive long complicated emails... and hell, i'll even paypal you some
>> > cash for your time.
>> >
>> > let me know if anyone is intersted.
>> >
>> > -nat

Never mind the analyzer, and you can even pretty much skip the scope unless
you are doing monitors.
Get a DMM, a logic probe, a logic pulser, and an HP10529A setup to check ICs
live in circuit and go from there. Lay in a supply of different crystals at
a buck or so each - without a scope, I would just swap the crystal before
doing any troubleshooting.

--
Art
"Phil" <mtksrtfix@ulmail.net> wrote in message
> About the same story here... Would really like to get into PCB repairs,
> but not much information available that goes beyond "check eproms & reseat
> socketed IC's"...
>
> Haven't got that 32 channel analyzer & fluke scope either :-(
>
> I was also looking for the repair logs but the ftp site for this group
> seems to be unavailable.
>
> Hopefully someone will get back on this...
>

> "_NathanK_" <nkulinitsch@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> i have been arcade collecting for about a year now and i have decided
>> to get into repair... i recently splashed out and got a 32 channel
>> analyzer, a fluke scope and a kick arse soldering station with the hope
>> of reparing some of my "unknown condition" ebay bargins (bargins for a
>> reason).
>>
>> i had a shot at it a few times, trying to repair some dead galaxians
>> and a dead pacmans... but couldnt work it out on my own. read the
>> repair guides, 3 or 4 times over for both games and not a whole lot of
>> help.
>>
>> so guys, i'm looking for a vetran who might be interested in teaching a
>> repair newbie. I'm located in singapore (i'm aussie) and looking to
>> learn from a guy who is a little switched on, i checked locally to find
>> someone to teach me in aus, but this is a real dieing trade. I'm happy
>> to pay someone to help me out and hell, i'll send you a web cam so we
>> can communicate (love the internet).
>>
>> is there anyone out there interested in maybe mentoring me a little, to
>> get me started in the basics of repair? promise i wont pester you with
>> massive long complicated emails... and hell, i'll even paypal you some
>> cash for your time.
>>
>> let me know if anyone is intersted.
>>
>> -nat

I would be willing to host (no charge of course) any repair logs, and try to
put together a central repository of them

--
Art
> Anytime! ;-)
>
> Sure would be cool if there was a Spies site dedicated to repair logs.
> Most repair logs I've seen have been on individual's webpages, and if
> detailed, then usually specific to one game. Try:
>
> http://coinop.org/repair/index.aspx
>
> ...or maybe:
>
> http://www.ionpool.net/
>
> - Craig

Art,
Do you really see Xtals go that often? I've swapped a few out in my
troubleshooting (read: shotgunning), but I've yet to see one actually be the
problem...

Rob