Help With XP Professional Settings.

I have having real difficulty with this. I can't save a picture on the net
as anything else other than a bitmap. i can then change it to a Jpeg or a GIf
file in paint afterwards but if it's an animation I lose the animation as it
was originally saved as a bitmap. This is most frustrating. Saving as a
target does let me save save as a gif but my explorer doesn't always let me.
Is this microsoft explorer at fault or is there a setting somewhere? It
doesnt do this on my friends computer. Please help if you can.

--
SPURS FOR EUROPE!
2 answers Last reply

    Hi Neilius1977,

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Clear the Temporary Internet Files using the Windows XP Disk Cleanup
    utility:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm

    FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
    in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

    Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

    More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/6/50.ASP

    "Neilius1977" <neilsmitty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have having real difficulty with this. I can't save a picture on the net
    > as anything else other than a bitmap. i can then change it to a Jpeg or a
    > GIf
    > file in paint afterwards but if it's an animation I lose the animation as
    > it
    > was originally saved as a bitmap. This is most frustrating. Saving as a
    > target does let me save save as a gif but my explorer doesn't always let
    > me.
    > Is this microsoft explorer at fault or is there a setting somewhere? It
    > doesnt do this on my friends computer. Please help if you can.
    >

    > --
    > SPURS FOR EUROPE!

Microsoft Windows XP