Tech: Ms. Pac-Man with yellow line across top of screen

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 26, 2005 12:06:36 PM

I have a light yellow line that shows up across the top of my Ms.
Pac-Man monitor just above the "High Score" title in the attract mode
introductory screen when the ghost come out. It goes away when the maze
is shown in the attract mode and is not present during game play except
during the intermission screens.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

John in WV.

April 26, 2005 12:06:37 PM

Raise the screen up just a tad and it'll go away....
John
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:24:21 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:06:36 -0400, John <cadman@netacs.net> wrote:

>I have a light yellow line that shows up across the top of my Ms.
>Pac-Man monitor just above the "High Score" title in the attract mode
>introductory screen when the ghost come out. It goes away when the maze
>is shown in the attract mode and is not present during game play except
>during the intermission screens.
>
>Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
>
>John in WV.

I had a Ms. Pac with the same exact symptom. It turned out that the +5
was just a tad bit low. (It had a switcher installed, so it was an
easy fix to raise the voltage). When I increased the voltage a bit,
the problem went away.

Jeff
April 27, 2005 12:29:35 AM

Jeff Destross wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:06:36 -0400, John <cadman@netacs.net> wrote:
>

>>I have a light yellow line that shows up across the top of my Ms.
>>Pac-Man monitor just above the "High Score" title in the attract mode
>>introductory screen when the ghost come out. It goes away when the maze
>>is shown in the attract mode and is not present during game play except
>>during the intermission screens.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
>>
>>John in WV.
>

> I had a Ms. Pac with the same exact symptom. It turned out that the +5
> was just a tad bit low. (It had a switcher installed, so it was an
> easy fix to raise the voltage). When I increased the voltage a bit,
> the problem went away.
>
> Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I guess I'll have to convert it over to a switcher power supply in the
near future.