Can't get pass Log in Screen

Hi,
Everytime I log into Windows XP, I get logged off in like a minute or so.
An error message seems to come up but there's like no code in it just a red X
and an option to choose between Yes or No. When I do choose these options I
get logged off no matter which option I choose. Please help, because I
really don't know what to do.

Thanks

Can you login in Safe Mode without any problems? To do that, when BIOS screen turns black, hit several times F8 and choose that option.

"slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:D2DD417C-3C3C-4E64-B73B-3E98C967E4CB@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Everytime I log into Windows XP, I get logged off in like a minute or so.
> An error message seems to come up but there's like no code in it just a red X
> and an option to choose between Yes or No. When I do choose these options I
> get logged off no matter which option I choose. Please help, because I
> really don't know what to do.
>
> Thanks

Yep I can login in Safe Mode without problems

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Can you login in Safe Mode without any problems? To do that, when BIOS screen turns black, hit several times F8 and choose that option.
>
> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:D2DD417C-3C3C-4E64-B73B-3E98C967E4CB@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > Everytime I log into Windows XP, I get logged off in like a minute or so.
> > An error message seems to come up but there's like no code in it just a red X
> > and an option to choose between Yes or No. When I do choose these options I
> > get logged off no matter which option I choose. Please help, because I
> > really don't know what to do.
> >
> > Thanks

Perhaps, your profile is corrupted. Do what is explained here in Safe Mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;811151

"slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AB1E934E-F914-4193-BD68-846ADE6F8320@microsoft.com...
> Yep I can login in Safe Mode without problems
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Can you login in Safe Mode without any problems? To do that, when BIOS screen turns black, hit several times F8 and choose that option.
>>
>> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:D2DD417C-3C3C-4E64-B73B-3E98C967E4CB@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > Everytime I log into Windows XP, I get logged off in like a minute or so.
>> > An error message seems to come up but there's like no code in it just a red X
>> > and an option to choose between Yes or No. When I do choose these options I
>> > get logged off no matter which option I choose. Please help, because I
>> > really don't know what to do.
>> >
>> > Thanks

I still have that same problem no matter what username I use to sign in

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Perhaps, your profile is corrupted. Do what is explained here in Safe Mode:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;811151
>
> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AB1E934E-F914-4193-BD68-846ADE6F8320@microsoft.com...
> > Yep I can login in Safe Mode without problems
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you login in Safe Mode without any problems? To do that, when BIOS screen turns black, hit several times F8 and choose that option.

Restart in Safe Mode and go to event viewer and see if there is some error. (For Event Viewer, Start>Run and type in without the quotes "eventvwr").

"slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:CA910520-76CF-40BE-A97B-CA2536AD6242@microsoft.com...
>I still have that same problem no matter what username I use to sign in
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps, your profile is corrupted. Do what is explained here in Safe Mode:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;811151
>>
>> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AB1E934E-F914-4193-BD68-846ADE6F8320@microsoft.com...
>> > Yep I can login in Safe Mode without problems

When I tried to open the Application file in the event viewer, I got an error
message saying that it is "Unable to complete the operation "Application.
The interface is unknown". The same happened when I tried to open the
Security and System files as well.

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Restart in Safe Mode and go to event viewer and see if there is some error. (For Event Viewer, Start>Run and type in without the quotes "eventvwr").
>
> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:CA910520-76CF-40BE-A97B-CA2536AD6242@microsoft.com...
> >I still have that same problem no matter what username I use to sign in
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps, your profile is corrupted. Do what is explained here in Safe Mode:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;811151

Start>Run and type in without the quotes "services.msc". See if there is a service named "Event Log" and it is "Started" and "Automatic".

"slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:87BBF3AD-94F3-4CAB-8667-8F98831C3D74@microsoft.com...
> When I tried to open the Application file in the event viewer, I got an error
> message saying that it is "Unable to complete the operation "Application.
> The interface is unknown". The same happened when I tried to open the
> Security and System files as well.
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Restart in Safe Mode and go to event viewer and see if there is some error. (For Event Viewer, Start>Run and type in without the quotes "eventvwr").
>>
>> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:CA910520-76CF-40BE-A97B-CA2536AD6242@microsoft.com...
>> >I still have that same problem no matter what username I use to sign in

It is started and automatic.

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Start>Run and type in without the quotes "services.msc". See if there is a service named "Event Log" and it is "Started" and "Automatic".
>
> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:87BBF3AD-94F3-4CAB-8667-8F98831C3D74@microsoft.com...
> > When I tried to open the Application file in the event viewer, I got an error
> > message saying that it is "Unable to complete the operation "Application.
> > The interface is unknown". The same happened when I tried to open the
> > Security and System files as well.
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Restart in Safe Mode and go to event viewer and see if there is some error. (For Event Viewer, Start>Run and type in without the quotes "eventvwr").

dekeg2811

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Try removing all USB devices. Fixed my problem.

It is started and automatic.

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Start>Run and type in without the quotes "services.msc". See if there is a service named "Event Log" and it is "Started" and "Automatic".
>
> "slim3337" <slim3337@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:87BBF3AD-94F3-4CAB-8667-8F98831C3D74@microsoft.com...
> > When I tried to open the Application file in the event viewer, I got an error
> > message saying that it is "Unable to complete the operation "Application.
> > The interface is unknown". The same happened when I tried to open the
> > Security and System files as well.
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Restart in Safe Mode and go to event viewer and see if there is some error. (For Event Viewer, Start>Run and type in without the quotes "eventvwr").

dekeg2811

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I had to remove all usb devices from my laptop to solve the problem. It was my wireless mouse and keyboard, the part that plugs into the USB port.

Now it works fine.

It is started and automatic.