Centipede trackball

Does anyone have any comments about this replacement trackball for
Centipede?

I see this on ePay quite often and I am in need of a replacement.

http://tinyurl.com/7dyah

Thanks!

-Tom
6 answers Last reply
More about centipede trackball

    its best to replace it with the tb that is exact as the original one.
    it costs $70ish, but its well worth it and spins A+.

    Its better to go optical. Optical feels much better and is much more
    precise. If you want to keep it origional, get an origional replacement
    or a repair kit.

    That one you have listed is a betson. Its not a good one IMHO. Opticals
    blow any roller trackball out of the water. I really dig the lit
    opticals as well ;)

    I've got a few of those along with original Atari trackballs- I'd say
    stick to the original. If you replace the rollers and ball, and clean
    the original bearings you'll be surprised how much of a difference it
    makes.

    While you're at it replace the solder on the opto header pins.

    Mike Doyle

    Hi Tom,
    take a look at www.therealbobroberts.com and pick up a
    rebuild kit.

    J & R

    Happ Controls trackballs:

    http://www.gatorcade.com/happcontrolstrackballs.html

    "gatorcade" <gatorcade@aol.com> wrote in news:1114618215.860852.313190
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Happ Controls trackballs:
    >
    > http://www.gatorcade.com/happcontrolstrackballs.html
    >

    > Tom wrote:
    >> Does anyone have any comments about this replacement trackball for
    >> Centipede?
    >>
    >> I see this on ePay quite often and I am in need of a replacement.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/7dyah
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> -Tom

    Thanks for the replies. I am actually de-converting a U.N. Squadron back to
    Centipede. I wish I had the original teackball to rebuild.

    I will find an original and rebuild it. I still need a working ARII. I just
    picked up the side art and CPO. Found a solid working boardset and an
    unconverted contol panel (metal and globs of glue only).

    I am getting there...slowly!

    -Tom

Games Video Trackball Video Games