Centipede trackball

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 26, 2005 9:48:33 PM

Does anyone have any comments about this replacement trackball for
Centipede?

I see this on ePay quite often and I am in need of a replacement.

http://tinyurl.com/7dyah

Thanks!

-Tom

More about : centipede trackball

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:31:45 AM

its best to replace it with the tb that is exact as the original one.
it costs $70ish, but its well worth it and spins A+.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:10:59 AM

Its better to go optical. Optical feels much better and is much more
precise. If you want to keep it origional, get an origional replacement
or a repair kit.

That one you have listed is a betson. Its not a good one IMHO. Opticals
blow any roller trackball out of the water. I really dig the lit
opticals as well ;)
April 27, 2005 10:52:29 AM

I've got a few of those along with original Atari trackballs- I'd say
stick to the original. If you replace the rollers and ball, and clean
the original bearings you'll be surprised how much of a difference it
makes.

While you're at it replace the solder on the opto header pins.

Mike Doyle
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:37:08 PM

Hi Tom,
take a look at www.therealbobroberts.com and pick up a
rebuild kit.

J & R
April 28, 2005 3:01:43 AM

"gatorcade" <gatorcade@aol.com> wrote in news:1114618215.860852.313190
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Happ Controls trackballs:
>
> http://www.gatorcade.com/happcontrolstrackballs.html
>

> Tom wrote:
>> Does anyone have any comments about this replacement trackball for
>> Centipede?
>>
>> I see this on ePay quite often and I am in need of a replacement.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/7dyah
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Tom

Thanks for the replies. I am actually de-converting a U.N. Squadron back to
Centipede. I wish I had the original teackball to rebuild.

I will find an original and rebuild it. I still need a working ARII. I just
picked up the side art and CPO. Found a solid working boardset and an
unconverted contol panel (metal and globs of glue only).

I am getting there...slowly!

-Tom
!