Question: reviving an old jamma cab

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I picked up an old jamma cabinet. has no boards in it but does have a
monitor, jamma harness and switching power supply. i'm pretty sure the
monitor is junk though it's got little if any burn.

is there a way to tell if the power supply and setup is good without
plugging in a board and watching it smoke?

i guess I can try to find THE WORST jamma pcb ever and use that to test it.
(if anyone has one they can donate for the cost of shipping.. let me know. I
guess it could be a board that isn't working 100% as long as I can get some
sort of picture and test controls.

also, if i just buy a new power supply do i have to adjust it at all or just
hook it up and go?

thanks in advance.
keith.

keith corcoran wrote:
> so in short.. test it all. no problem there.

That would be best. Taking the lazy/easy way out can only end in
heartache when something gets fried by accident.

> by the way.. i think i actually SAW that box of boards you bought. haha.

What a box of junk! Liquid Kids, Pigskin, and Street Fighter II - all
dead. I've got the parts to make adapters for the cherry master and
trivia boards, but if I'm 3 for 3 with dead boards why bother?

Not sure what their fate will be. I hate to "free friday" them. May ebay
them first and see if there are any takers. I'm going to do it a weird
way though - I'm going to be honest and say that they didn't work for
me, not label them "untested". ;)
--
Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>

Remove the pig Latin to reply.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

GASP!
you're going to sell tested and non-working on ebay!
this is surely a sign of the apocolypse.

k.

keith corcoran wrote:
> GASP!
> you're going to sell tested and non-working on ebay!
> this is surely a sign of the apocolypse.

Dogs and cats living together - it's gonna be anarchy! ;)