deleted

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
They'll pretty much all perform the same but I'd get the ATI version. A little while ago Sapphire was caught misleading customers by selling a 9800 pro with a 128-bit memory bus (it's supposed to be 256-bit.) Even if it is past history it is still a blemish on their company.

-----------------------
[mind went blank]

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
I'd get the Sapphire.

The card was labeled 128bit, if people were too stupid to read/research what they were buying, that's their fault. Caveat Emptor.

The Sapphires work great, and save you a few bucks.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Check the length of the warranty, if that matters to you. My ati came with a three year warranty. Seemed everything else I looked at came with a one-year.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Check the length of the warranty, if that matters to you. My ati came with a three year warranty. Seemed everything else I looked at came with a one-year.
I don't think it's worth the money. Most electronic components like GPU/CPU will not die for no reason. So, if after 1 year of work a CPU/GPU is still alive, it will never die.

The only piece of hardware in a PC that benefits from a long warranty are HDD in my opinion. This is the only pice of hardware that died since I buy PC components. I actually "killed" 3 of my HDD in the past.

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
The card was labeled 128bit, if people were too stupid to read/research what they were buying, that's their fault. Caveat Emptor.
AMEN

AMD64 2800+
MSI Neo-Fis2r
512mb Kingmax ddr400
Sapphire 9800pro 128mb
10K WD Raptor

The thing is Sapphires are also notorious for cheaping different quality memory modules on their parts, all will work within spec, but if you're in to overclocking sometimes you can get burned by cheap entrontech/hynix/infineon or even slower samsung memory.

That's the one thing that far to often you can't check until you have the card in your hands, and now even then you'd often have to remove the HSF assembly if you wanted to look at which memory modules are on your card.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: