Hi - I'm shopping for a laptop and could use some advice.
It will be used primarily for playing WoW and Diablo 3 . Would like both of these to run well on medium settings if possible. Please let me know if you have any specific recommendations.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Largest screen size for the budget. It will often be connected to an external monitor when gaming.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Plugged in when gaming. 2 hours of regular use would be good when unplugged.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
World of Warcraft
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb would be ideal
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg, bestbuy, any chain electronic store
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
until it dies (as long as possible)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
open to any suggestions. I'm hesitant to try brands like Sagar, due to bad reviews i've read online and supposed bad support.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm not a gamer by any means. But I play Black Ops on my Dell xps l502x with the nvidia graphics option added on every now and then. It runs well on high settings.
I don't think they're that expensive for what you get. The JBL audio on it is INCREDIBLE. I'm almost certain there is no other laptop that has better audio than it. BEATS audio laptops are a joke compared to the JBL audio on the xps.
HOWEVER, i'm sure there are MUCH better laptops specifically for games and some gamers on here might have a better option for you.