Best Joystick for Fighting games

I am looking for Joystick replacements for my Karate Champ. What would
be the best replacement joystick for a fighting game? I am assuming a
joystick that engages quickly and has a short throw would be best.

I have read a lot of good things about the Happ Competition joystick,
but I would prefer the Ball-Top style. That is why I was looking at the
Ultimarc T-Stik Plus or J-Stik Joystick.

Any feedback you can provide would be very helpful,Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about best joystick fighting games

    If I'm not mistaken, didn't KC use sticks more like Ultimarc's Euro Stick?
    Don't know if the shaft is the correct length, though.

    -roy

    <ieu2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for Joystick replacements for my Karate Champ. What would
    > be the best replacement joystick for a fighting game? I am assuming a
    > joystick that engages quickly and has a short throw would be best.
    >
    > I have read a lot of good things about the Happ Competition joystick,
    > but I would prefer the Ball-Top style. That is why I was looking at the
    > Ultimarc T-Stik Plus or J-Stik Joystick.
    >
    > Any feedback you can provide would be very helpful,Thanks!

    Is this two questions? Karate Champ uses two 4-way joysticks. Not
    something you really want for other fighting games.

    In article <1114603189.366055.50110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    ieu2003@yahoo.com says...
    > I am looking for Joystick replacements for my Karate Champ. What would
    > be the best replacement joystick for a fighting game? I am assuming a
    > joystick that engages quickly and has a short throw would be best.
    >
    > I have read a lot of good things about the Happ Competition joystick,
    > but I would prefer the Ball-Top style. That is why I was looking at the
    > Ultimarc T-Stik Plus or J-Stik Joystick.
    >
    > Any feedback you can provide would be very helpful,Thanks!

    Karate Champ uses 4 - 4 way joysticks.

    So before I invest in 4 joystick I would like to get some feedback and
    suggestions.

    Thanks
    Dave

    Karate Champ uses 4 - 4 way joysticks.

    So before I invest in 4 joystick I would like to get some feedback and
    suggestions.

    Thanks
    Dave

    Karate Champ uses 4 - 4 way joysticks.

    So before I invest in 4 joystick I would like to get some feedback and
    suggestions.

    Thanks
    Dave

    Karate Champ uses 4 - 4 way joysticks.

    So before I invest in 4 joystick I would like to get some feedback and
    suggestions.

    Thanks
    Dave
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Ah, didn't know you had the two player version. My suggestion is
    that if you are going to be replacing these joysticks, then replace them
    with 4-way joys. They Happ Competitions are 8-way joys and the T-Stick
    Pluses with the ball tops are going to be quite an investment. Again,
    if you're just using it for this game, there's no need to purchase
    replacement joysticks that are 8-way/4-way switchable from the top (T-
    Stik Plus). If you are wanting a ball-top joy for Karate Champ, I think
    the J-Stiks would work well for you. They are more affordable and you
    can change them to 4-way by turning the restrictor on the bottom. They
    are moore loose compaired to the T-Stick so if you like a tight stick
    with short throw, you may not like the J-Stick.

    In article <1114685684.785626.303120@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    ieu2003@yahoo.com says...
    > Karate Champ uses 4 - 4 way joysticks.
    >
    > So before I invest in 4 joystick I would like to get some feedback and
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dave

Joystick Games Video Games