deleting virus

My Norton scan came up with 2 threats it was unable to delete. Both were at
C:/Documents and settings/Colin/local settings/Temporary Internet
Files/Content IE5
But using windows explorer shows no folders below Temporary Internet Files.
I have hidden folders showing, and even tried in diagnostic mode but still
the same
--
Regards

Colin Phipps

Hi

What are the name(s) of the virus(es) that Norton reported?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Colin Phipps" <colin.r.phipps@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> My Norton scan came up with 2 threats it was unable to delete. Both were
> at C:/Documents and settings/Colin/local settings/Temporary Internet
> Files/Content IE5
> But using windows explorer shows no folders below Temporary Internet
> Files. I have hidden folders showing, and even tried in diagnostic mode
> but still the same
> --
> Regards
>

> Colin Phipps

Hi

vciewer.ocx "Dialer Holistic"
MediaAccX.dll "Adware.WinAd"

Thanks

> Hi
>
> What are the name(s) of the virus(es) that Norton reported?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Colin Phipps" <colin.r.phipps@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> My Norton scan came up with 2 threats it was unable to delete. Both were
>> at C:/Documents and settings/Colin/local settings/Temporary Internet
>> Files/Content IE5
>> But using windows explorer shows no folders below Temporary Internet
>> Files. I have hidden folders showing, and even tried in diagnostic mode
>> but still the same
>> --
>> Regards
>>

>> Colin Phipps

Hi

They seem as they could be spyware.

Please try the following programs to search for any spyware that may be on
your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

> Hi
>
> vciewer.ocx "Dialer Holistic"
> MediaAccX.dll "Adware.WinAd"
>
> Thanks

>> Hi
>>
>> What are the name(s) of the virus(es) that Norton reported?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Colin Phipps" <colin.r.phipps@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>> My Norton scan came up with 2 threats it was unable to delete. Both were
>>> at C:/Documents and settings/Colin/local settings/Temporary Internet
>>> Files/Content IE5
>>> But using windows explorer shows no folders below Temporary Internet
>>> Files. I have hidden folders showing, and even tried in diagnostic mode
>>> but still the same
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>

>>> Colin Phipps

It is spy ware but I am unable to delete it