Arcadeshop's Multi Game jamma Pcb..

Last response: in Video Games
April 28, 2005 4:28:51 AM

With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..

But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
rate he is going.

Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
faster????
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:28:52 AM

with all due respect, clay builds these boards. steven simply has an
exclusive deal to buy them from clay. no one else can.

having said that, there might be another player entering the market
soon. stay tuned...
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:28:52 AM

I'd like to see them take the vertical re-hash of Rally X and add that to
this board. There's also lots of other games that I'd like to see added as
well.

Gyruss, Mappy, Astro Blaster, Pengo, Bump and Jump, Carnival, Contra, Gaplus
(aka Galaga3), Galaga88, Joust2 (yeah, right), Super Cobra, Scramble, Q*bert
(may not work to well), I could go on forever....

And, what about a multi board that can do COLOR XY's!!! How awesome would
that be. Toss one of these into a cabinet with a 6100 or Amplifone in it and
were off to the races!

<ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..
>
> But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
> will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
> rate he is going.
>
> Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
> faster????
April 28, 2005 4:49:33 AM

ummm... just think of how many man-hours went into mame... and it's not all
there!

<ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..
>
> But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
> will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
> rate he is going.
>
> Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
> faster????
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:28:48 AM

Lets hope more of the Williams games get put onboard such as Blaster, Mystic
Marathon, Joust 2, Turkey Shoot, etc. Also more freedom to put what you
want. Vector games running at a VGA resolutions would be great too. A cut
n paste solution powered by generic emulation core. Ie. Pick screen shot,
title artwork, provide your own roms. Of course if the game board works
with horizontal and vertical options it would be bad ass. I am sure the
mame team expected it to evolve to this point with out using a regular PC
and a custom based board using flash ram. This is the kind of stuff that
makes this hobby still fun. Original games still should hold reasonable
value except for Pacs which are a dime a dozen restored or new.

Michael

"Matt Mac Donagh" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to see them take the vertical re-hash of Rally X and add that to
> this board. There's also lots of other games that I'd like to see added as
> well.
>
> Gyruss, Mappy, Astro Blaster, Pengo, Bump and Jump, Carnival, Contra,
> Gaplus (aka Galaga3), Galaga88, Joust2 (yeah, right), Super Cobra,
> Scramble, Q*bert (may not work to well), I could go on forever....
>
> And, what about a multi board that can do COLOR XY's!!! How awesome would
> that be. Toss one of these into a cabinet with a 6100 or Amplifone in it
> and were off to the races!
>

> <ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
>> With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..
>>
>> But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
>> will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
>> rate he is going.
>>
>> Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
>> faster????

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:30:48 AM

I want Carnival on this pcb!
Mike

<ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..
>
> But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
> will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
> rate he is going.
>
> Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
> faster????
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:21:55 PM

Something funky going on.

There was an emay aucion that supported all if the following.

ARKANOID, GALAGA, MS PACMAN, PACMAN, PACMAN JR. SUPER PACMAN, GALAXIAN,
CRYSTAL CASTLES, CENTIPEDE, DIG DUG, DONKEY KONG, DONKEY KONG JR, DONKEY
KONG 3, FROGGER, SPACE INVADERS, SINISTAR, MILLIPEDE, MR DO,PHOENIX, MOON
PATROL, BURGER TIME.

And a hack posted on how to accomplish this.

I immediaetly called to arder a board and now they are out of stock.

My guess is the current software/firmware is being modified to 'not support
the hack'

Not sure why.

<ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> With ALL due repect to Steven Gregory..
>
> But...at the rate he is going adding games to the multi-game pcb...it
> will be aprox 40 years to get the thing working with all games at the
> rate he is going.
>
> Maybe he should be asking for help on this one to get more games added
> faster????
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:05:49 PM

> The problem with Mame and a PC for me is the Plug and Play appeal and the
> fact it makes it
> much easier for my wife, little girl and friends to play without the
> complexity of MAME

With the proper front end, mame is as easy as it gets. With the Jpac, the
hardware is plug and play.

What makes mame hard is when people try to make all the control
configurations and all games work on one cabinet. If you limit it to what
the cabinet is suited for you will be fine.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 3:04:44 PM

I've got MAME, PC, and a slickstick controller in one cabinet.

It gets no where near as much use as other cabinet with the 39-1 board
(japanese version) setup I've got.

So just looking for the best of both worlds with a programable multi-jamma
board.

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> > The problem with Mame and a PC for me is the Plug and Play appeal and
the
> > fact it makes it
> > much easier for my wife, little girl and friends to play without the
> > complexity of MAME
> >

> With the proper front end, mame is as easy as it gets. With the Jpac,
the
> hardware is plug and play.
>
> What makes mame hard is when people try to make all the control
> configurations and all games work on one cabinet. If you limit it to what
> the cabinet is suited for you will be fine.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:55:20 PM

Almost all of them show pictures of the games.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:44:39 PM

why?

ultimatly it can do all the 39-1 can... is it the menu, controller setup,
etc.?

there shouldn't be any disparity...

"skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I've got MAME, PC, and a slickstick controller in one cabinet.
>
> It gets no where near as much use as other cabinet with the 39-1 board
> (japanese version) setup I've got.
>
> So just looking for the best of both worlds with a programable multi-jamma
> board.
>

> "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> > The problem with Mame and a PC for me is the Plug and Play appeal and
> the
>> > fact it makes it
>> > much easier for my wife, little girl and friends to play without the
>> > complexity of MAME
>> >

>> With the proper front end, mame is as easy as it gets. With the Jpac,
> the
>> hardware is plug and play.
>>
>> What makes mame hard is when people try to make all the control
>> configurations and all games work on one cabinet. If you limit it to
>> what
>> the cabinet is suited for you will be fine.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:44:40 PM

Mame proves no disparity to me.

But my wife and little one they need something easier.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> why?
>
> ultimatly it can do all the 39-1 can... is it the menu, controller setup,
> etc.?
>
> there shouldn't be any disparity...
>
> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > I've got MAME, PC, and a slickstick controller in one cabinet.
> >
> > It gets no where near as much use as other cabinet with the 39-1 board
> > (japanese version) setup I've got.
> >
> > So just looking for the best of both worlds with a programable
multi-jamma
> > board.
> >

> > "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> > the
> >> >

> >> With the proper front end, mame is as easy as it gets. With the Jpac,
> > the
> >> hardware is plug and play.
> >>
> >> What makes mame hard is when people try to make all the control
> >> configurations and all games work on one cabinet. If you limit it to
> >> what
> >> the cabinet is suited for you will be fine.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:41:48 PM

ah.. ok.. have you tried one of the easier menu systems? there's a
gazillion of them :)

> Mame proves no disparity to me.
>
> But my wife and little one they need something easier.
>

> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> why?
>>
>> ultimatly it can do all the 39-1 can... is it the menu, controller setup,
>> etc.?
>>
>> there shouldn't be any disparity...
>>
>> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> > I've got MAME, PC, and a slickstick controller in one cabinet.
>> >
>> > It gets no where near as much use as other cabinet with the 39-1 board
>> > (japanese version) setup I've got.
>> >
>> > So just looking for the best of both worlds with a programable
> multi-jamma
>> > board.
>> >

>> > "Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
>> > the

>> > the

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:41:49 PM

Is there menuing system that shows a picture of the game to be played simlar
to the multi-jamma boards?

> ah.. ok.. have you tried one of the easier menu systems? there's a
> gazillion of them :)
>
> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Mame proves no disparity to me.
> >
> > But my wife and little one they need something easier.
> >

> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> why?
> >>
> >> ultimatly it can do all the 39-1 can... is it the menu, controller
setup,
> >> etc.?
> >>
> >> there shouldn't be any disparity...
> >>
> >> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > multi-jamma

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:05:10 AM

I can't think of one that doesn't...

even winmame will show pictures.

you might want to check the mame group (I'm not an expert by far), but I've
seen some machines that others have done and they were all exceptionally
easy to navigate.

"skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:D dxce.138901$UW6.38452@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> Is there menuing system that shows a picture of the game to be played
> simlar
> to the multi-jamma boards?
>

> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> ah.. ok.. have you tried one of the easier menu systems? there's a
>> gazillion of them :)
>>
>> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> > Mame proves no disparity to me.
>> >
>> > But my wife and little one they need something easier.
>> >

>> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message

> setup,

> board

>> > multi-jamma

> the

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:05:11 AM

Thanks for all of the MAME advice.

This is one of the reasons I want a plug and play solution.

I'm sure I could spend hours, even days, investigating various MAME front
ends but I just do not have the time.

I have the expertise but I just want a multi-jamma board.

In the mean time if someone can send me a recent copy of the menusys program
to load the arcadeshop multi jamma board I would really appreciate it.

Thanks & Regards
Bob Presutti

> I can't think of one that doesn't...
>
> even winmame will show pictures.
>
> you might want to check the mame group (I'm not an expert by far), but
I've
> seen some machines that others have done and they were all exceptionally
> easy to navigate.
>
> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:D dxce.138901$UW6.38452@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> > Is there menuing system that shows a picture of the game to be played
> > simlar
> > to the multi-jamma boards?
> >

> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> ah.. ok.. have you tried one of the easier menu systems? there's a
> >> gazillion of them :)
> >>
> >> "skidog" <rpresuttiUNMUNGE@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > setup,

> > board