xp asks for password

When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had no
problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original owner has
moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will loose a lot of
information.

Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a solution on
how to delete or reset password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray
3 answers Last reply
More about asks password

    If it has only an Administrator Account and you are the Administrator, just
    leave the Password blank and press on. You can change the Administrator
    Account in: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Pick an Account to Change.
    --
    I'm no expert, but I did stay at
    the Holiday Inn Express last night.

    "Rayumond Chapman" wrote:

    > When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had no
    > problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original owner has
    > moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will loose a lot of
    > information.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a solution on
    > how to delete or reset password.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ray

    You can try here..
    How to log on to Windows XP if you forget your password or your
    password expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321305

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | If it has only an Administrator Account and you are the
    Administrator, just
    | leave the Password blank and press on. You can change the
    Administrator
    | Account in: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Pick an Account to
    Change.
    | --
    | I'm no expert, but I did stay at
    | the Holiday Inn Express last night.
    |

    | "Rayumond Chapman" wrote:
    |
    | > When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had
    no
    | > problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original
    owner has
    | > moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will
    loose a lot of
    | > information.
    | >
    | > Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a
    solution on
    | > how to delete or reset password.
    | >
    | > Any help would be appreciated.
    | >
    | > Thanks
    | >
    | > Ray

    You might want to try these links:

    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/cd050303.zip

    It has helped me a lot to reset machines stolen from offices and universities. No need to delete the OS!!! Also, you can pry into peoples' habits and private documents!!!

    This is from Kev (the fat b@stard) so it must be correct!!

    Rayumond Chapman wrote:

    > When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had no
    > problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original owner has
    > moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will loose a lot of
    > information.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a solution on
    > how to delete or reset password.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ray