xp asks for password

When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had no
problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original owner has
moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will loose a lot of
information.

Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a solution on
how to delete or reset password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

Byte

If it has only an Administrator Account and you are the Administrator, just
leave the Password blank and press on. You can change the Administrator
Account in: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Pick an Account to Change.
--
I'm no expert, but I did stay at
the Holiday Inn Express last night.

"Rayumond Chapman" wrote:

> When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had no
> problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original owner has
> moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will loose a lot of
> information.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a solution on
> how to delete or reset password.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ray

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You can try here..
How to log on to Windows XP if you forget your password or your
password expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321305

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| If it has only an Administrator Account and you are the
Administrator, just
| leave the Password blank and press on. You can change the
Administrator
| Account in: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Pick an Account to
Change.
| --
| I'm no expert, but I did stay at
| the Holiday Inn Express last night.
|

| "Rayumond Chapman" wrote:
|
| > When turning on xp requests password and wont let me start. I had
no
| > problems at first on purchasing from private sale and original
owner has
| > moved. Have considered re setting to factory setting but will
loose a lot of
| > information.
| >
| > Can anyone suggest a way around having to input password or a
solution on
| > how to delete or reset password.
| >
| > Any help would be appreciated.
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Ray

You might want to try these links:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/cd050303.zip

It has helped me a lot to reset machines stolen from offices and universities. No need to delete the OS!!! Also, you can pry into peoples' habits and private documents!!!

This is from Kev (the fat b@stard) so it must be correct!!