Monitor or Vid Card?

gobeavers

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
Every once in a while a bluish tint will come over my whole screen, sometimes it just flickers, and sometimes it stays for a minute or so. I have overclocked my 9600 pro, but it is not overclocked now. Any ideas on whether it is a video card issue or a monitor issue?

"Go forward until the last round is fired and the last drop of gas is expended...then go forward on foot!" -Patton

Likely your monitor, sounds like one of your CRT guns is dying, or a regulator is dying. Likely the Red is dying or Blue is spiking.

I used to get that with Green tint from a very old IBM 13", started occasionally at first, and then was constant unless I banged it then it would go away for a short time.

Sounds like you need a new monitor. Of course if you can borrow another monitor or even have an old one lying around, best to check first, but it doesn't sound like a card issue.

EDIT: Also if you can check your monitor cable/connector (DB-15), I have heard that damaged pins/cables can cause this type of thing too.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 07/08/04 05:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>