Windows XP SP2 Help

I installed SP2 in August 2004. Now I check my properties and it says that I
have SP1. Checked my installation history and it shows SP2 as installed 8/04
with several additional SP2 installation failures after that.

I've been recently having problems in IE and I am trying to reinstall SP2
and can't find a download - has it been removed? Help!

peter

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
(Full Download)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
(Order the CD)

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Lexi3130" <Lexi3130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed SP2 in August 2004. Now I check my properties and it says that
> have SP1. Checked my installation history and it shows SP2 as installed
> 8/04
> with several additional SP2 installation failures after that.
>
> I've been recently having problems in IE and I am trying to reinstall SP2
> and can't find a download - has it been removed? Help!

peter

The best way to double check your version is go to Start/Run and enter
"winver" minus the ""

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Home SP2
P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
"Lexi3130" <Lexi3130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed SP2 in August 2004. Now I check my properties and it says that
> have SP1. Checked my installation history and it shows SP2 as installed
> 8/04
> with several additional SP2 installation failures after that.
>
> I've been recently having problems in IE and I am trying to reinstall SP2
> and can't find a download - has it been removed? Help!

"Lexi3130" <Lexi3130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed SP2 in August 2004. Now I check my properties and it says that
> have SP1. Checked my installation history and it shows SP2 as installed
> 8/04
> with several additional SP2 installation failures after that.
>
> I've been recently having problems in IE and I am trying to reinstall SP2
> and can't find a download - has it been removed? Help!

I had the same problem several months ago and found that a repair install
and then installed the full downloaded version and all was ok.

Ed