Translated interview with the Stalker team

<A HREF="http://stalker.myexp.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=540" target="_new">Translated Interview</A>

Long interview, a few interesting basics for me;

<i><b>- NO Demo.</b> WHAT!?!</i>

I hate guessing at the buyability of a game, HL2 and D]|[ could do that and I buy them, but Stalker, no you don't have the credentials!

There will be beta testing of course (you have to check their site for details when it approaches).

<i><b>- May be ready for Fall '04, depending on testing</b></i>

Ok, sure, but I wouldn't count on release dates anymore.

<i><b>- Ultra Real physics bullets will fall with gravity, slow down, and ricochet</b></i>

So you may need to learn how to lead and compensate for distance. :wink:

<i><b>- Possibly PS3.0 support</b></i>

Well that narrows it down doesn't it? :lol:
They do mention that the trailer screens at Gamespot are DX9 +S3.0

<i><b>- Bump, Displacement, and normal Mapping wil be present</b></i>

Cool, should add realism, and allow for optimizations.

<i><b>Monster Movements Fixed</b></i>

Good it looked unrealistic, as I commented on before.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
I hate guessing at the buyability...

P2P?

<font color=blue>The day <font color=green>Microsoft</font color=green> will make something that doesn't suck is the day they'll start making vacuum cleaners.</font color=blue>

True, but then the buyability equals zero anyways, right? :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
Try before you buy...

<font color=blue>The day <font color=green>Microsoft</font color=green> will make something that doesn't suck is the day they'll start making vacuum cleaners.</font color=blue>