XP accidentally started new installation-process

How can I stop the beginning of an installation?
I tried to use the "Repair" option on the disk but somehow it started with a
new installation. I don't want to loose al my info on C:\
How can I "reverse" the installation process or even just copy all My Doc's
to a CD or something...
HELP!!!

Byte

What is the status of your PC right now? Do you have two installations of
XP on your harddrive? Did you stop it in the middle of installation #2?
Two installations of XP?
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two
--
I'm no expert, but I did stay at
the Holiday Inn Express last night.

"boontjie" wrote:

> How can I stop the beginning of an installation?
> I tried to use the "Repair" option on the disk but somehow it started with a
> new installation. I don't want to loose al my info on C:\
> How can I "reverse" the installation process or even just copy all My Doc's
> to a CD or something...
> HELP!!!

Well, as far as I know - the current Xp should still be on with this new
installation trying to overwrite it. Somehow I need to bypass this
installation in order to restore the PC to it's old setup (which had a
Bios-error) or even just spare us all the trouble and get all the important
info of the drive and just format and reinstall.