Boot Up is Hanging (Sledge Hammer ready and swinging)

Please help me save my PC from complete distruction by seldge hammer!!!
My XP home machine would not allow me into any Admin account either new or
old without then shutting down straight away with a message in C:prompt
"Documents settings shutdown" but it would allow me into Guest (no options).
Went into safe mode but again very little options to fix anything, ran the
usual Spyware, Anti Virus, Trojan ware, Adware etc nothing found. An IT guy
found a file named file "drivers.bat" and when I went into view the file it
had one line in it and it was C:\documents and settings\stutdown...... He
suggested leaving out the file from the startup called "drivers.bat". this
worked graet for a day..... NOW suddenly the sytem froze and a error message
came up saying windows needed to find a registry file, to which it had done
click ok... unable to click OK as the whole thing had frozen, so turned the
power off and restarted. of course power of meant chkdsk, it did but now it
will not boot at all either into safe or user login.... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hi

Can you access the screen where the option for Safe Mode is? If so, try
'Last Known Good Configuration'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"diggerdoe" <diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help me save my PC from complete distruction by seldge hammer!!!
> My XP home machine would not allow me into any Admin account either new or
> old without then shutting down straight away with a message in C:prompt
> "Documents settings shutdown" but it would allow me into Guest (no
> options).
> Went into safe mode but again very little options to fix anything, ran the
> usual Spyware, Anti Virus, Trojan ware, Adware etc nothing found. An IT
> guy
> found a file named file "drivers.bat" and when I went into view the file
> it
> had one line in it and it was C:\documents and settings\stutdown...... He
> suggested leaving out the file from the startup called "drivers.bat". this
> worked graet for a day..... NOW suddenly the sytem froze and a error
> message
> came up saying windows needed to find a registry file, to which it had
> done
> click ok... unable to click OK as the whole thing had frozen, so turned
> the
> power off and restarted. of course power of meant chkdsk, it did but now
> it
> will not boot at all either into safe or user login.... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hi Will
I have tried that but it still hangs when strating up, the best i can get to
(on the very rae ocasion) is the xp user login but when i run the cursor over
any account it does not give me a option to click to run any account, the
mouse can be scrolled around.

And need less to say XP was on the sytem from the store and i can not find
the boot disk anywhere, everythingelse but the boot disk..........Argh Argh!!

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you access the screen where the option for Safe Mode is? If so, try
> 'Last Known Good Configuration'.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "diggerdoe" <diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please help me save my PC from complete distruction by seldge hammer!!!
> > My XP home machine would not allow me into any Admin account either new or
> > old without then shutting down straight away with a message in C:prompt
> > "Documents settings shutdown" but it would allow me into Guest (no
> > options).
> > Went into safe mode but again very little options to fix anything, ran the
> > usual Spyware, Anti Virus, Trojan ware, Adware etc nothing found. An IT
> > guy
> > found a file named file "drivers.bat" and when I went into view the file
> > it
> > had one line in it and it was C:\documents and settings\stutdown...... He
> > suggested leaving out the file from the startup called "drivers.bat". this
> > worked graet for a day..... NOW suddenly the sytem froze and a error
> > message
> > came up saying windows needed to find a registry file, to which it had
> > done
> > click ok... unable to click OK as the whole thing had frozen, so turned
> > the
> > power off and restarted. of course power of meant chkdsk, it did but now
> > it
> > will not boot at all either into safe or user login.... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Hi

Can you contact the store to see if they can help with a disk? One solution
to the problem is to perform a 'Repair' install of XP, but that needs an XP
CD. The store may be able to help.

--

> Hi Will
> I have tried that but it still hangs when strating up, the best i can get
> (on the very rae ocasion) is the xp user login but when i run the cursor
> over
> any account it does not give me a option to click to run any account, the
> mouse can be scrolled around.
>
> And need less to say XP was on the sytem from the store and i can not find
> the boot disk anywhere, everythingelse but the boot disk..........Argh
> Argh!!
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can you access the screen where the option for Safe Mode is? If so, try
>> 'Last Known Good Configuration'.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "diggerdoe" <diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Please help me save my PC from complete distruction by seldge hammer!!!
>> > My XP home machine would not allow me into any Admin account either new
>> > or
>> > old without then shutting down straight away with a message in C:prompt
>> > "Documents settings shutdown" but it would allow me into Guest (no
>> > options).
>> > Went into safe mode but again very little options to fix anything, ran
>> > the
>> > usual Spyware, Anti Virus, Trojan ware, Adware etc nothing found. An IT
>> > guy
>> > found a file named file "drivers.bat" and when I went into view the
>> > file
>> > it
>> > had one line in it and it was C:\documents and settings\stutdown......
>> > He
>> > suggested leaving out the file from the startup called "drivers.bat".
>> > this
>> > worked graet for a day..... NOW suddenly the sytem froze and a error
>> > message
>> > came up saying windows needed to find a registry file, to which it had
>> > done
>> > click ok... unable to click OK as the whole thing had frozen, so turned
>> > the
>> > power off and restarted. of course power of meant chkdsk, it did but
>> > now
>> > it
>> > will not boot at all either into safe or user login.... HELP ME
>> > PLEASE!!!!

Will
should i be able to get a XP boot cd, would the fact that I have the SP2
installed affect the repair option within the boot cd?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you contact the store to see if they can help with a disk? One solution
> to the problem is to perform a 'Repair' install of XP, but that needs an XP
> CD. The store may be able to help.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Diggerdoe" <Diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Will
> > I have tried that but it still hangs when strating up, the best i can get
> > (on the very rae ocasion) is the xp user login but when i run the cursor
> > over
> > any account it does not give me a option to click to run any account, the
> > mouse can be scrolled around.
> >
> > And need less to say XP was on the sytem from the store and i can not find
> > the boot disk anywhere, everythingelse but the boot disk..........Argh
> > Argh!!
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can you access the screen where the option for Safe Mode is? If so, try
> >> 'Last Known Good Configuration'.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "diggerdoe" <diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi

Depending on the version boot CD you get. If it's an earlier version than
SP2, then that version will be installed and you will have to reinstall SP2
+ any other updates since then.

--

> Will
> should i be able to get a XP boot cd, would the fact that I have the SP2
> installed affect the repair option within the boot cd?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can you contact the store to see if they can help with a disk? One
>> solution
>> to the problem is to perform a 'Repair' install of XP, but that needs an
>> XP
>> CD. The store may be able to help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Diggerdoe" <Diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Will
>> > I have tried that but it still hangs when strating up, the best i can
>> > get
>> > (on the very rae ocasion) is the xp user login but when i run the
>> > cursor
>> > over
>> > any account it does not give me a option to click to run any account,
>> > the
>> > mouse can be scrolled around.
>> >
>> > And need less to say XP was on the sytem from the store and i can not
>> > find
>> > the boot disk anywhere, everythingelse but the boot disk..........Argh
>> > Argh!!

If I can obtain a CD from my store how will i over come the fact that the key
will be different from the orig install?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Depending on the version boot CD you get. If it's an earlier version than
> SP2, then that version will be installed and you will have to reinstall SP2
> + any other updates since then.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Diggerdoe" <Diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Will
> > should i be able to get a XP boot cd, would the fact that I have the SP2
> > installed affect the repair option within the boot cd?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can you contact the store to see if they can help with a disk? One
> >> solution
> >> to the problem is to perform a 'Repair' install of XP, but that needs an
> >> XP
> >> CD. The store may be able to help.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Diggerdoe" <Diggerdoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi

Use the new Product Key that comes with XP CD during the installation phase.