shipping a game from california to illinois

Last response: in Video Games
April 28, 2005 4:50:13 PM

need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
thank you
jeff
April 28, 2005 5:25:15 PM

pilot air would be about the cheapest, if you want to pallet it and deliver
it to their terminal to terminal runs about $150-175. for as far as your
shipping it.

otherwise go navl door to door with liftgate, but it's not the cheapest
probably run you around $350. no hassle on either end though.

Troy,

<chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> thank you
> jeff

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:43:57 PM

Many of the Pilot Air terminals will strap and pallet for an extra $25-$30.

My local Forward Air terminal no longer accepts video games unless they are
wooden crated with at least 1/4" plywood. Funny enough, Pilot Air is one of
Forward Air's biggest customers, according to the Forward Air rep I spoke to.

S.W.

Troy wrote:
> pilot air would be about the cheapest, if you want to pallet it and deliver
> it to their terminal to terminal runs about $150-175. for as far as your
> shipping it.
>
> otherwise go navl door to door with liftgate, but it's not the cheapest
> probably run you around $350. no hassle on either end though.
>

> Troy,
>

> <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
>>can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
>>is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
>>thank you
>>jeff

Related resources
April 28, 2005 10:43:58 PM

Yeah, here in Las Vegas, both terminals are back to back.
when I use to use forward air. I would regularly see pilot air delivering
goods to them.
I no longer use forward air, because they flipped over a wood crated game of
mine.
it was a game I was picking up, pissed me off.
it cracked the upper cabinet in half.
one reason being, that the guy who built the crate did not put bottom boards
on the custom made pallet. so when the fork lift guy went to grab it. he
flipped it right over.
and I had to eat the damage. $1250 game I might add.
So needless to say that's the last time they saw me as a customer.

Troy,

baudtender1 .at. comcast.net <"baudtender1 .at. comcast.net"> wrote in
message news:D dudnZulL4yL-uzfRVn-gg@comcast.com...
> Many of the Pilot Air terminals will strap and pallet for an extra
$25-$30.

> My local Forward Air terminal no longer accepts video games unless they
are
> wooden crated with at least 1/4" plywood. Funny enough, Pilot Air is one
of
> Forward Air's biggest customers, according to the Forward Air rep I spoke
to.

> S.W.
>

> Troy wrote:
> > pilot air would be about the cheapest, if you want to pallet it and
deliver
> > it to their terminal to terminal runs about $150-175. for as far as your
> > shipping it.
> >
> > otherwise go navl door to door with liftgate, but it's not the cheapest
> > probably run you around $350. no hassle on either end though.
> >

> > Troy,
> >

> > <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> >>can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> >>is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> >>thank you
> >>jeff

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:11:21 AM

I've been trying to figure out how to ship a 400 pound game from Canada
to LA. Basically, everyone I've called has either told me that if it's
not crated, they won't touch it. The one or two places that would take
it on a pallet said it would be over $400 US plus brokerage fees. NAVL
said that it might be cheaper for me to throw it in the back of my van
and deliver it myself. I don't think I'll be making the 4000 km drive
anytime soon. And I'd still have the brokerage fees to contend with. So
anyone want to buy a Killer Instinct 2 located in Southern Ontario?
Pick up only!!!
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 8:57:48 PM

I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping costs of
late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's costing
me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other options
I found were even more:( .

About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only about
$220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller also
had to deliver it to them on his end).

Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without fuel:) ...

But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they are
easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their games as
they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just a
wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...

Jon

<chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> thank you
> jeff

April 29, 2005 10:01:26 PM

I just called navl today to ship my crazy climber off.
from Vegas to charlotte, nc for $331.09
door to door with liftgate, that's not to bad I guess. but it does add some
cost to a game purchase.

other door to door options were $559 +
now that's crazy ;Þ

these fuel prices are affecting everything now.
for me to drive to L.A. and back would cost around $150 just to get a game.
and I thought the $75 I use to pay to do that was bad.
I'm paying $2.71 at the moment and the road to L.A. is higher yet.

Troy,

jkoolpe <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
news:D 4uhls$e2g@itssrv1.ucsf.edu...
> I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping costs
of
> late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's costing
> me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other
options
> I found were even more:( .
>
> About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only about
> $220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
> game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller also
> had to deliver it to them on his end).
>
> Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
> increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without
fuel:) ...

> But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they
are
> easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
> everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their games
as
> they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just a
> wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...
>
> Jon
>
> <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> > need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> > can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> > is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> > thank you
> > jeff

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:41:01 AM

NAVL is the only way to go. They DID break the glass on a cocktail I
shipped one time, but since they had wrapped it themselves, and delivered it
to the guy's living room, they didn't have any choice but to admit it was
their fault, and took care of the guy. Really effortless with them, too,
you just have the game ready to go and they pick it up, wrap it, etc. and
that's the last you hear of it. Well worth the money.

Ron
"jkoolpe" <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
news:D 4uhls$e2g@itssrv1.ucsf.edu...
> I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping costs
of
> late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's costing
> me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other
options
> I found were even more:( .
>
> About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only about
> $220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
> game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller also
> had to deliver it to them on his end).
>
> Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
> increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without
fuel:) ...

> But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they
are
> easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
> everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their games
as
> they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just a
> wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...
>
> Jon
>
> <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> > need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> > can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> > is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> > thank you
> > jeff

April 30, 2005 8:41:02 AM

Yeah, I use to full wood crate them for free, minus cost of wood.
What a pain that was, much better with navl. just send it c.o.d. and forget
it.

Troy,

Ron Lyons <LyonsronnieREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> NAVL is the only way to go. They DID break the glass on a cocktail I
> shipped one time, but since they had wrapped it themselves, and delivered
it
> to the guy's living room, they didn't have any choice but to admit it was
> their fault, and took care of the guy. Really effortless with them, too,
> you just have the game ready to go and they pick it up, wrap it, etc. and
> that's the last you hear of it. Well worth the money.
>
> Ron
> "jkoolpe" <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
> news:D 4uhls$e2g@itssrv1.ucsf.edu...
> > I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping
costs
> of
> > late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's
costing
> > me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other
> options
> > I found were even more:( .
> >
> > About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only
about
> > $220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
> > game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller
also
> > had to deliver it to them on his end).
> >
> > Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
> > increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without
> fuel:) ...
> >
> > But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they
> are
> > easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
> > everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their games
> as
> > they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just
> > wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
> > > can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
> > > is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
> > > thank you
> > > jeff

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:14:36 PM

Weird you guys are paying so much. I just shipped a game this week through
NAVL and it cost me $281 to ship it from Chicago to Texas. Maybe you are
talking to the wrong people when you call? I shipped a Super Off Road from
Chicago to CA about a month ago and it only ran right around $290. These
were both residential deliveries with liftgate.

Brian

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message news:JQAce.79$eU.10@fed1read07...
>I just called navl today to ship my crazy climber off.
> from Vegas to charlotte, nc for $331.09
> door to door with liftgate, that's not to bad I guess. but it does add
> some
> cost to a game purchase.
>
> other door to door options were $559 +
> now that's crazy ;Þ
>
> these fuel prices are affecting everything now.
> for me to drive to L.A. and back would cost around $150 just to get a
> game.
> and I thought the $75 I use to pay to do that was bad.
> I'm paying $2.71 at the moment and the road to L.A. is higher yet.
>

> Troy,
>

> jkoolpe <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
> news:D 4uhls$e2g@itssrv1.ucsf.edu...
>> I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping costs
> of
>> late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's
>> costing
>> me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other
> options
>> I found were even more:( .
>>
>> About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only about
>> $220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
>> game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller
>> also
>> had to deliver it to them on his end).
>>
>> Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
>> increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without
> fuel:) ...
>>
>> But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they
> are
>> easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
>> everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their games
> as
>> they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just a
>> wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > need to have a game shipped from california to illinois
>> > can someone help me on what would be the cheapest method or if someone
>> > is traveling from there close to here. please let me know
>> > thank you
>> > jeff

April 30, 2005 4:14:37 PM

Vegas to charlotte is damn near coast to coast.
2218 miles.
I think your shipping was a lot close to you.

Troy,

Brian Morris <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
> Weird you guys are paying so much. I just shipped a game this week through
> NAVL and it cost me $281 to ship it from Chicago to Texas. Maybe you are
> talking to the wrong people when you call? I shipped a Super Off Road from
> Chicago to CA about a month ago and it only ran right around $290. These
> were both residential deliveries with liftgate.
>
> Brian
>
> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message news:JQAce.79$eU.10@fed1read07...
> >I just called navl today to ship my crazy climber off.
> > from Vegas to charlotte, nc for $331.09
> > door to door with liftgate, that's not to bad I guess. but it does add
> > some
> > cost to a game purchase.
> >
> > other door to door options were $559 +
> > now that's crazy ;Þ
> >
> > these fuel prices are affecting everything now.
> > for me to drive to L.A. and back would cost around $150 just to get a
> > game.
> > and I thought the $75 I use to pay to do that was bad.
> > I'm paying $2.71 at the moment and the road to L.A. is higher yet.
> >

> > Troy,
> >

> > jkoolpe <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
> > news:D 4uhls$e2g@itssrv1.ucsf.edu...
> >> I think we can all blame high diesel costs for the jump in shipping
costs
> > of
> >> late. I, too, am having a game shipped from Texas to CA, and it's
> >> costing
> >> me just over $300 (via NAVL). I checked around a bit, and the other
> > options
> >> I found were even more:( .
> >>
> >> About 2 years ago, I shipped a game from Connecticut to CA for only
about
> >> $220 (via Pilot Air and including having them strap and palette the
> >> game...but I had to pick it up myself at the terminal, and the seller
> >> also
> >> had to deliver it to them on his end).
> >>
> >> Again, I'd say that fuel costs are probably the primary reason for the
> >> increased costs...can't drive your truck or fly your plane without
> > fuel:) ...
> >>
> >> But I will say that with NAVL, you do get what you pay for in that they
> > are
> >> easy to deal with, give you no hassles, deliver right to your door, and
> >> everyone I know who has used them has not had a problem with their
games
> > as
> >> they have arrived at their destinations with no injuries (which is just
> >> wee bit better than Forward Air's track record:) )...
> >>
> >> Jon
> >>
> >> <chips4sle@aol.com> wrote in message

April 30, 2005 5:33:26 PM

There quotes look cheaper, not sure if they blanket wrap though.
looks like you may have to open an account with them.
that's always a pain. so probably no C.O.D. option.
never tried them myself.
Would like to know more about them.
maybe a good option.

Troy,

DarkMagister <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Anyone ever try http://www.dnafreight.com/ ? Just wondering if they
> are any good. Or what the story is with them.
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

February 13, 2009 2:04:28 PM

Check out FreightCenter. They gave me a couple different options on how to get my Tetris to me. Did a good job at a reasonable price.

FreightCenter.com
February 13, 2009 2:54:39 PM

Dude.....

Dude....