REBOOTING ISSUE

May 4, 2005 1:08:13 PM

When I try to start the PC (home XP edition), it fails to read the boot
sector and does not start at all. It asks me to install a disk in "A" drive.

When we purchased the machine, we did not get XP discs (it was
pre-installed), and I seem to have lost the 3.5" boot disk. Can I download
the files and copy on a new 3.5" disk and try to reboot?

Where could I get the files to download and copy ?

Thanks

More about : rebooting issue

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 2:02:23 AM

Resources for troubleshooting startup problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

--
HTH
Venkatesh