Good DX8 engine games

Col_Kiwi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
Alright. So I got my NV25 a month ago. The games that I've been really loving on it are UT2003 and WarCraft III, because they're both DX8 and totally beautiful.

However, I'd like to know, what are some of the games you folks have seen with the best graphics?

I'm looking for games using DX8 (or 8.1, obviously) with lots of fancy effects like shaders, bump mapping, T&L, etc. I just want to find some games with <b>sweet</b> graphics to enjoy my card and show off to friends.

Thanks for your input! :smile:

-Col.Kiwi

I'm a First Person Shooter fan and I've had the most fun playing Serious Sam 2 The Second Encounter, requires DX8 and is not a real expensive game costs about 20 Dollars US. Give it a try if you haven't already, you won't be disapointed.Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

Col_Kiwi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
nice! i'll look for a demo when i get home tonight, and if i can't find one maybe just buy it right off :smile:

thanks for your reply... i was starting to think nobody knew any DX8 games! :wink:

-Col.Kiwi

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
ryan is right.... for the money, you absolutely cant beat either of the serious sam games. im playing no one lives forever 2 right now.... its incredible. its worth the money just to stare at the water!!

....the crows seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

Starwind

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002
Download the latest 3DMark benchmark (3DMark2001 SE), show off by clicking on the demo. The "nature" game is all eye candy or are they real trees?!?!?!

A 5 foot work fan, plastic sheeting for the funnel, some tubing, and duct tape is all you need for a cooling system. :wink: