dc-dc board problem on a CPi

Ok guys,
I have a little question for you:
I found that my two new batteries for my Dell D400XT don't want to
charge on it,while perfectly charge(100%) on another laptop.
I think now that the problem is in the dc-dc board.
Does someone know its item # ?

TIA
lorenzo

this percolated to the top of a google seach... even includes a dell part
number for further searching...
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=977&prevaction=pricelist

"Lorenzo Cuciniello" <lcuciniello@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> Ok guys,
> I have a little question for you:
> I found that my two new batteries for my Dell D400XT don't want to charge
> on it,while perfectly charge(100%) on another laptop.
> I think now that the problem is in the dc-dc board.
> Does someone know its item # ?
>
> TIA
> lorenzo

Hi!
Christopher Muto wrote:
> this percolated to the top of a google seach... even includes a dell part
> number for further searching...
> http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=977&prevaction=pricelist

This is a mistake.The #6188P is suitable for CPiR,Cpx and CPt only.I've
googled and asked to various ebay sellers before posting.
Please have a look to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5167120758

Thanks anyway
Lorenzo

a logical approach would be to look at the part number printed on the board
found in your system and then look for an exact or compatible replacement.

Christopher Muto wrote:
> a logical approach would be to look at the part number printed on the board
> found in your system and then look for an exact or compatible replacement.

I did it.I just opened the laptop removing the keyboard only,but I
wasn't able to identify the dc-dc card.Do you know its exact position?
It should be positioned straight under the keyboard,but I can't find any
trace of it.Consider that I'm not able to disassemble the laptop more
than pull out the keyboard.
Regards
Lorenzo

yes, but too much for me to describe here. have a look at the service
manual available on support.dell.com. in the usa (don't know where you are
from) they only detail field replaceable part for the cpi, so look under the
cpi-r for a detailed service manual that describes replacement of the
motherboard.