fido vs. telus

I'm new in t he cell business. Which is better fido or telus?
3 answers Last reply
More about fido telus

    On 5 Jun 2004 04:19:14 -0700, campagna_di_sogni@sympatico.ca
    (Josephine) wrote:

    >I'm new in t he cell business. Which is better fido or telus?

    Yes.

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    That depends on your needs...

    For me, I use Fido and I'm very happy with them. I used to use Rogers and I
    wasn't happy with them because in the areas of Montreal that I frequented,
    with Rogers, I often had dropped calls, calls going directly to my voice
    mail even though my cellphone was on, and overcharging on my bill.

    With Fido, since I haven't had any dropped calls when calling or speaking to
    someone who is using a landline phone. I have received dropped calls when
    calling someone's cellphone but can't be sure whether this is due to Fido or
    due to the other carrier. I also don't use my cellphone when travelling
    between urban centers so Fido is perfect for me. Fido also charges monthly
    customers by the second unlike all the other carriers that still charge
    their customers rounded up to the next minute (1 minute & 1 second call is
    calculated on Fido as being 1 minute & 1 second. On the other networks, it
    is calculated as 2 minutes. If you make a lot of (short) calls, it makes a
    difference).

    If you want to use your cellphone while travelling between urban centers, I
    would recommend the other 3 carriers (in no particular order: Bell, Rogers,
    Telus).

    If you are in Montreal and want to use your cellphone in selected
    metros/subways, there is only 1 choice: Bell Mobility. However Bell
    Mobility's prices from what I hear are higher than all the others (but their
    reception and coverage is above the others).

    "Josephine" <campagna_di_sogni@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > I'm new in t he cell business. Which is better fido or telus?

    I understand that Bell doesn't have any or many free * (STAR) lines except
    network specific like*611. That's the same with Fido, so if you use these *
    features then I would get Telus. You get free Road Reports, Traffic lines,
    and Radio lines. Fido doesn't have any roam numbers, but Telus does.

    "Harry Eugene Ly" <consumers-get-bad-service@bigcompanies.com> wrote in
    message news:tVjwc.210683$YP4.1415671@wagner.videotron.net...
    : That depends on your needs...
    :
[...]