I am attempting a silent push distribution of XP SP2 to workstations.. I
have to disable Firewall and Security center. I have settings figured out
for notification disables from Security Center.
SO far when the install finishes and I reboot , I get the "Help Protect your
PC" message.. I want to pre configure this so it will not prompt.
After logging in Security Center pops up, and it shows Firewall is enabled.
I do not want this to pop up and want firewall disabled.

Any ideas?

"Hoops 2005" <hoops2005@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting a silent push distribution of XP SP2 to workstations.. I
> have to disable Firewall and Security center. I have settings figured out
> for notification disables from Security Center.
> SO far when the install finishes and I reboot , I get the "Help Protect
> your
> PC" message.. I want to pre configure this so it will not prompt.
> After logging in Security Center pops up, and it shows Firewall is
> enabled.
> I do not want this to pop up and want firewall disabled.
>
> Any ideas?

It is built into the update. You should be able to just check 'disable' upon
install and take care of that. It is a pain to have to do that on a network
install, but I don't have any answer for you. Maybe someone else might help
you. I have done several and had to disable it on each workstation.

Ed