Tron - Getting Glue Off Shroud

Hey All:

Replacing the badly worn graphics on my Tron game shroud. Lots of glue
is left on it that I want to remove before placing the new graphics on
there.

Since it's plastic, I am afraid to use goof off. I tried goof off 2
(which says it's safe on plastics) and while it works, it's gonna take
hours upon hours to do this small job. Also tried goo gone which
essentially had the same results as goof off 2.

What have any of you restorers used to remove glue from plastic in
large amounts?

Thanks!
JOHN

I've had good results with Naptha. As always, test it in a hidden spot
so you don't ruin your good shroud and follow proper ventilation
procedures.

Mike Doyle

There is a product called sticker shock that is for use on removing
bumper stickers and residue from cars. I've used it on everything with
no damage. Works pretty well. If it's safe enough for a car finish, you
can imagine....AutoZone sells it. Similarly designed products are
probably out there. Takes a while to set on dried out glue but will
eventually work after it sits a bit.

syncbus@gmail.com wrote:
> I've had good results with Naptha. As always, test it in a hidden
spot
> so you don't ruin your good shroud and follow proper ventilation
> procedures.
>
> Mike Doyle

could also try goo gone, not as harsh as goof off, also novus #2 will shine
it up nice when finished.

Todd

"rcb" <rcbullock@cox.net> wrote in message
> There is a product called sticker shock that is for use on removing
> bumper stickers and residue from cars. I've used it on everything with
> no damage. Works pretty well. If it's safe enough for a car finish, you
> can imagine....AutoZone sells it. Similarly designed products are
> probably out there. Takes a while to set on dried out glue but will
> eventually work after it sits a bit.
>
> syncbus@gmail.com wrote:
>> I've had good results with Naptha. As always, test it in a hidden
> spot
>> so you don't ruin your good shroud and follow proper ventilation
>> procedures.
>>
>> Mike Doyle

novus #2 huh? will have to look that one up.

great stuff for clear plastics, good for vinyl windows on cell phone covers
also

Todd

"Levelbest" <john@mousehut.com> wrote in message
> novus #2 huh? will have to look that one up.

So, will that work then to polish off scratches in the clear plexiglass
window in the back of the shroud... you know, the part that peers into
the MCP cone (or translight as they call it). Or should I not mess
with that and leave well enough alone.

yes, excellent for light scratches in plexi, actually works on all plastics,
i use it on dvds and cds too