connection drops after running VPN

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Sorry I am a newbie. I have a Netgear wireless router connected to my PC
(running XP) and a laptop (Windows 2000) with a wireless Zonet 802.11b Pc
Card, I can access the internet on the laptop but the connection drops about
1 minute after I connect the VPN client and start Outlook Express for my
work. When I use a non-wireless card with the laptop, everything works fine.
What am I doing wrong?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Reduce your MTU to 1300 or so and retry.

Frank

Pasadena Networks, LLC. http://pasadena.net
Wireless News and Hotspot search http://pasadena.net/wifi/

"td" <yaspb2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I am a newbie. I have a Netgear wireless router connected to my PC
> (running XP) and a laptop (Windows 2000) with a wireless Zonet 802.11b Pc
> Card, I can access the internet on the laptop but the connection drops
about
> 1 minute after I connect the VPN client and start Outlook Express for my
> work. When I use a non-wireless card with the laptop, everything works
fine.
> What am I doing wrong?

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Should I reduce it on the laptop (win2000) or the pc (winxp)? and does
that require going into the registry?

thanks