Download IE8 and Feed the Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
its such a jerk advertising move. but at least its going towards something positive. i downloaded it just for the kids MS. now back to chrome.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Sorry, I'm married to FF.

However, since my parents prefer IE, I gave them IE8 on their vista box, and I already have IE8 myself.

If they see their server spammed with over 100 million download requests, will they fall through with it?
Let's help hit a $1 billion chunk in M$. >:)

I guess I can see downloading IE8 just to let M$ feed some disadvantaged children. And, since IE is usually somewhat integrated into Windows, it's best to have the latest version plus all 100 updates to make sure you're safer from trojans and other viruses.

Probably won't use it, as I'm pretty happy with FoxFire. ;)

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
sounds like great idea, im going to uninstall ie8 from my machines and then go download and install it from “Browser for the Better".

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
probably will download it, but wont use it much since I tend to use Firefox on Windows/Linux side and Safari on OSX side.

G

Already downloaded it months ago, so I'm very sorry, hungry kids everywhere.

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Smart move, even if it stinks a little.

Nevertheless, as a designer, if it helps to extinguish IE6 from the internet, I will be glad. Too bad I'm a FF man with a mac, otherwise I would download it for the children.

G

So in exchange for you installing IE and all of the backdoors and security vulnerabilities that come with it, Microsoft will in exchange give a meal to one of the many families that are now hungry thanks to corporate greed and stupidity on Wall Street. How touching....

medicineman

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Let's say :
- there is no limit and they can pay 1 billion downloads
- you can download several times from the same computer

Can anyone write a software that will download, than delete IE8 over and over again ? I would definitely download and install that program

Thanks

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
“Our customers have told us they want to have an impact in the lives of their friends and neighbors,”
Literally!

Really, we can’t see the harm in everyone downloading it and just not using it if you’re already married to Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari.
How about wasted bandwidth and time? Not to mention further contributing to OUR software rot and wasting time and energy reformatting sooner than needed.

Another good reason to not use IE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.