Getting Rid Of .NET Splash Screen

I just installed .NET vresion 1.1 on my Dell desktop running Windows XP
SR1. Now every time I boot I get the .NET splash screen "To begin,
click your user name."

Is there any way to get rid of that splash screen so I don't have to
stick around and wait to click on my user name while rebooting? (I'm
the only one who uses this computer; there's only one user name for it.)

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

More about getting splash screen

    "Steven Litvintchouk" <sdlitvin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I just installed .NET vresion 1.1 on my Dell desktop running Windows XP
    >SR1. Now every time I boot I get the .NET splash screen "To begin,
    >click your user name."
    >
    > Is there any way to get rid of that splash screen so I don't have to
    > stick around and wait to click on my user name while rebooting? (I'm
    > the only one who uses this computer; there's only one user name for
    > it.)

    The Welcome to Windows screen appears when you start Windows XP after
    you install the .NET Framework 1.1:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072

    --
    William

    Go to Start -> Run.
    Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

    control userpasswords2

    Click OK.
    Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer".
    In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User Name"
    box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
    Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
    not have a password.
    Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired results.
    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Steven Litvintchouk" <sdlitvin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I just installed .NET vresion 1.1 on my Dell desktop running
    >Windows XP SR1. Now every time I boot I get the .NET splash
    >screen "To begin, click your user name."
    >
    > Is there any way to get rid of that splash screen so I don't
    > have to stick around and wait to click on my user name while
    > rebooting? (I'm the only one who uses this computer; there's
    > only one user name for it.)
    >

    > --
    > Steven D. Litvintchouk
    > Email: sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
    >
    > Remove the NOSPAM before replying to me.

    Go to the XP update page and there should be a new critical updates having
    to do with .net framework. Keep installing updates until there are none to
    be installed and this should take care of the issue.
    "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Steven Litvintchouk" <sdlitvin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>I just installed .NET vresion 1.1 on my Dell desktop running Windows XP
    >>SR1. Now every time I boot I get the .NET splash screen "To begin, click
    >>your user name."
    >>
    >> Is there any way to get rid of that splash screen so I don't have to
    >> stick around and wait to click on my user name while rebooting? (I'm the
    >> only one who uses this computer; there's only one user name for it.)
    >>

    > The Welcome to Windows screen appears when you start Windows XP after you
    > install the .NET Framework 1.1:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072
    >
    > --
    > William

    Nope. It takes "run control userpasswords2" to get rid
    of it.

    Rick Lowen

    Richard Lowen wrote:

    > Nope. It takes "run control userpasswords2" to get rid
    > of it.

    I'm the one who posted the problem.

    I found that if I installed the .NET version 1.1 Service Pack, that
    fixed the problem without my needing to do "run control userpasswords2".

    In any case, my computer is alive and well again. Thanks to all who
    responded to my query.

    --

    > Richard Lowen wrote:
    >
    >> Nope. It takes "run control userpasswords2" to get rid
    >> of it.
    >
    > I'm the one who posted the problem.
    >
    > I found that if I installed the .NET version 1.1 Service Pack, that
    > fixed the problem without my needing to do "run control
    > userpasswords2".
    >
    > In any case, my computer is alive and well again. Thanks to all who
    > responded to my query.

    You're welcome.

    --
    William