TECH: Ms Pac Startup Question

Good evening,
I just purchased and installed a power supply from Arcade Shop in my
Ms. Pac Cocktail. This machine would not power up prior to my
installing of the new supply (I bought it non working). When the game
boots now on the screen is the following:

Memory OK
Free Play
Bonus 10000
MsPacMen 5
Table

Is it a board issue? Should I try a working board? Also, when I power
it on the meter clicks up by one.

Charlie

Dooooooooh! Thanks Mark, I love this group. Two more questions;
First, where is the volume knob, is it on the board? Second, it needs
a new monitor, I assume cocktails use standard 19" monitors?

Charlie

Hi charlie, most cocktails use 14" tubes on the table.

What makes you think it needs a new tube? is i burnt? has weird colour
markings on one side?

-nat

Group,
the screen has real bad burn and the image is kinda blurry. Thought
about a cap kit but I don't think I am ready for that step. As for the
monitor, 14 inches, I will need to measure. If I decide to go the new
monitor route is Happ the best bet?

Charlie

I just installed a new Happ vision pro in a midway cocktail and it
works great and looks awesome, but the brackets that came with the
monitor would not work....I had to use the old brackets
tim
www.timsarcade.net

Tim,
Was it hard to swap out? Seems like how the cabinet is built it is a
two person job?

Charlie

If you are looking directly at the board, the volume is at the top right.
White knob (pot).

It uses a standard res monitor. Make sure it will mount vertically. Have
you thought about giving the monitor a cap kit?

Thomas

"Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
> Dooooooooh! Thanks Mark, I love this group. Two more questions;
> First, where is the volume knob, is it on the board? Second, it needs
> a new monitor, I assume cocktails use standard 19" monitors?
>
> Charlie

charlie,

When you open up the top, set a milk crate under the edge of the top
and the monitor in it's bracket system should sit perfectly for one man
removal.

There is a focus adjustment on your monitor too. do a search under
something like "adjustment focus monitor" here. it should come up with
detailed post(s) on the matter and where to find the adjustment.
Somehow the words to describe it escape me now. read it over and make
ALL adjustments after the monitor has been on for at LEAST 5 minutes.
Especially the focus. If you are still unsatisfied, replace the monitor
with a happ or a betson/imperial. Expect to possibly swap mounting
brackets as they seem to differ on the replacement monitors of many
brands.

- Matt

It's a 19" monitor.

> Group,
> the screen has real bad burn and the image is kinda blurry. Thought
> about a cap kit but I don't think I am ready for that step. As for the
> monitor, 14 inches, I will need to measure. If I decide to go the new
> monitor route is Happ the best bet?
>
> Charlie

Charlie L. <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:
: Good evening,
: I just purchased and installed a power supply from Arcade Shop in my
: Ms. Pac Cocktail. This machine would not power up prior to my
: installing of the new supply (I bought it non working). When the game
: boots now on the screen is the following:
:
: Memory OK
: Free Play
: Bonus 10000
: MsPacMen 5
: Table
:
: Is it a board issue? Should I try a working board? Also, when I power
: it on the meter clicks up by one.

Turn off the test switch.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

There's a thumbwheel pot on the board for the sound. There's some special
brackets to mount the monitor, but I think the monitor is standard.

Mark Hooks