2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not quite sure
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
BF3, Diablo 3 Med-High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
School works, probably a little graphic works
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB is fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon, Frys, Neweggs, Bestbuy etc
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as i could, trying to look for a decent one so i won't have to upgrade for a while
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus, Acer, Sony, Samsung, Lenovo, don't prefer dell, hp as i heard a lot of bad comments on their computers
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm looking for the same thing actually, although my budget is a little tighter. Howeve, a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 seems to be a good choice for your specs. It's got pretty good reviews (only major complaint I found was some models have pretty low screen resolution, if that bothers you don't get a model with 1366x768 display). Prices start at $900 on Lenovo's website and other than the most "tricked out" version all of the sub-models under the Y580 category are under your budget. It's got an Nvidia GTX 660M, which should run Diablo on ultra settings easily, and Battlefield 3 should run on medium/high settings, although on high it might be a little slow. Oh, and it's a 15.6" laptop. Hope this helps you out.
sagernotebook.com that is all!
No, really the sager notebooks seem to be quite good gaming machines!
I have seen an MSi GE60 in this price range before but I am not sure if it was refurbished or not. But it may be worth it to take a look.
If you want BF3 on medium high, I would get at least a GTX 660M. Especially if you want 1080p.
The 650M may be able to get by, but wont be great. (Same with an overclocked 640M LE like in the Sony Vaio S). If you are ok with lowering the resolution while playing more intensive games (like BF3) and quality to medium, let us know and I am sure people - including me - can give you more options!
bought y580 eventually, there was a lenovo weekly deal, got it for cheap, full hd screen, 8gbs ram, i7, gtx 660m, except hdd was a bit small, 500gbs 7200 rpm, still good enough, thank you whoever that helped