Okay this is pissing me off

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
For the 1000th time today, in the middle of gaming, Farcry, Final Fantasy, Unreal 2k3, my screen goes crazy (does alot in farcry and FFXI) and then giggly lines or different colour, like those frequency stuff start screwing up, then either VPU recover kicks in, or i have to restart my computer = =;; WTF is going on? I'm using the latest Omegas. And no i dont overclock cause this POS 9600pro can't do worth BEEEEEEEEP! I'm thinking about format but my next format is set for Jan 2005 or when i get a new HDD(or 2 or 3) :S I'll see if i can get a pic up... can't play games right now, stupid summer school = =" gimme a picture hosting site thingy. GRAPE STOP LAUGHING! I KNOW U ARE!!! You're hurting my 9600pro's feelings, just because its a Gigacube doesn't mean it can't soar for a sec or two!

PS- i think its the monitor's problem, sometime the monitor will go "out of scan range" its a old Sony LCD (the first model -_-") its max frquency is like 60hz:S

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
You are not <A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33752579" target="_new">alone</A>.

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

Actually I have had it happen once where my monitor said out of range, it's sort of a known issue as GW posted, but I'm not sure what they are doing about a fix. I don't remember what application I was even using at the time, I do know it was a few releases after the whole 'my monitor exploded' bs fiasco. I haven't had it since.

BTW have you tried UNDERCLOCKING your card, if you could just get it down to about 200/200 then everything should be just fine. :evil: :tongue: :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
200/200? YOU CAN SUCK MY *gets dragged off by Phial* NOO I DONT MEAN THAT LITERALY!

Hmmm, i should switch my monitor. I'll try on my CRT. hehehe i'll get a nice LCD later in the year a high quality lcd will cost about 500$ for 19inch by then :p There is an estimate huge price drop for LCDs in the forth quarter :D

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
I'm having issue when playing PainKiller, my pc would freeze while I played, I thought it was cuz i opened to many programs at same time, but then Windows once told me that system has been recovered from a serious error or sth, and telling me that ati2dag.dll caused the problem..
I was using Catalyst 3.2 on my 8500, so I updated the driver to Catalyst4.7, but haven't really try to play PainKiller yet..cuz i'm afraid of crashes again. :frown:

That's the same message I got from windows when it would crash due to fastwrites. I was OK with older versions but then upgrading to a new Catalyst caused problems. THEN I decided to update my MOBO BIOS and voila, fixed. I had done Chipset (VIA) updates to no avail, but updating the gigabyte BIOS changed everything (also lowered my benchmark results [causing a refresh of the review]) no more problems.

I can't stress enough how important the latest Bios and Chipset drivers are, obviously ATI is building their drivers based on the assumption that everyone keeps BOTH of those up to date (I thought only the chipset was improtant).

Unfortunately the R8500 series is somewhat orphaned in the modern scene, if you look at Digit-Life's bug report most of the ATI ones are R9000/9100/9200 (~R8500 era) related because they aren't the main focus of the <i>'unified'</i> drivers, in the same sense that the GF4tis were abandoned with the Forceware 5X.xx drivers, and the FX is being abandoned by the 6X.xx series (cause more problems than solve). Why bother unifying drivers if you get better stability and performance out of older versions? I prefer the seperate control panel, bug fix global patches (or something similar), and then graphics driver for the R2xx series, R3xx series, and R4xx series. That makes more sense to me, cause then you could use the April 2003 graphics drivers for the R8500 and apply the July 2004 bug patch, with the latest control panel so you have the best of all worlds. Seriously who cares about downloading 3 different packets if it gives you a more useable/stable setup than the all-in-one unififed solution?

My main recommendation, update your mobo bios and chipset drivers, THEN try the latest Catalysts.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
Heh
Unfortunately, I haven't update to lastest Bios yet, cuz with the description that Abit gives for the newest bios, since I didn't encounter any of those problem, i just leave it..maybe i'll get this done now
as chipset driver, I guess i'm using the latest one? haven't check nForce driver for a while, i guess it's 3.13 i'm using
FastDrive? It has been disabled for longtime, cuz my 8500LE doesn't support it, so once I plug-in the card, i went into bios and disable it..so i don't think fastwrite caused the problems..

I've played for about one hour..no crash yet, I'm gonna try longer, wish me good luck :lol:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
rofl

oral sex is a pleasureable thing, so sue me

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
<A HREF="http://www.subhi.com/keyboard.jpg" target="_new">This is you, interweb junky</A>