Microphone Problems (too quiet) (one for the experts)

May 4, 2005 7:30:03 PM

My PC was working fine, with everything set up and all. During a game, I
suddenly became aware that my microphone was not working - people couldn't
hear me on Teamspeak. To test my mic, I went to Control Panel/Sounds and
Audio Devices, and ran the Test Hardware wizard in the Voice tab. It didn't
pick up the microphone unless I literally screamed with the boom in my mouth.
I went to Control Panel/Speech, same problem. My Recording microphone volume
is set to maximum, it's *not* muted, and I have 1 mic boost enabled.

So far I have:
tried a brand new, different microphone headset (same problem)
put in a sound card (generally use onboard sound) (same problem)
reinstalled drivers (same problem).

Now, to my mind I've eliminated hardware problems: it's not the mic headset,
it's not the sound card. I've eliminated driver problems, by reinstalling.
I've eliminated transparent Window settings problems, all the microphone
related ones I could find are on.

The problem occurred with the computer on and running and did so suddenly.
This leaves a Windows problem, and one that can't be fixed through Control
Panel.

I have a GA-8S648FX-L motherboard from Gigabyte, with an Onboard Realtek '97
Audio card. Windows XP Professional. Pentium 3.2 with 1gb ram. I had not
installed any new programs that day. Run an up-to-date Virus Checker and
Anti-Spyware programs which picked up nothing. I have Direct X 9.0c and
latest drivers for motherboard and sound card.

I am totally at a loss. I don't have System Restore enabled so I can't try
that.
Anonymous
May 12, 2010 3:02:34 PM

i have the same problem u should uninstall all programmes fromadd or remove.
then go to bed and sleep
!