Repair Install causes continuous reboots

I have been attempting to do a repair install to fix a few problems. I use a
slipstreamed disk with my Win XP disk and SP2.

After the install copies the files and reboots, the system goes into a
continuous reboot loop. Win XP flash screen followed by BSOD and then reboot.

The error on the BSOD only says "Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x000000FE,
0xF8B4C814, 0xF8B4C510)".

System is XP Pro SP2.

Any Ideas?
CharlieC
1 answer Last reply
More about repair install continuous reboots

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
    column(7E):

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "CharlieC" <CharlieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been attempting to do a repair install to fix a few problems. I use
    > slipstreamed disk with my Win XP disk and SP2.
    >
    > After the install copies the files and reboots, the system goes into a
    > continuous reboot loop. Win XP flash screen followed by BSOD and then
    > reboot.
    >
    > The error on the BSOD only says "Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x000000FE,
    > 0xF8B4C814, 0xF8B4C510)".
    >
    > System is XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    > CharlieC