Repair Install causes continuous reboots

May 4, 2005 7:51:04 PM

I have been attempting to do a repair install to fix a few problems. I use a
slipstreamed disk with my Win XP disk and SP2.

After the install copies the files and reboots, the system goes into a
continuous reboot loop. Win XP flash screen followed by BSOD and then reboot.

The error on the BSOD only says "Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x000000FE,
0xF8B4C814, 0xF8B4C510)".

System is XP Pro SP2.

Any Ideas?
CharlieC
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 4:38:27 AM

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(7E):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny