When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to the
site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links nothing
happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi

Try this:

From Start>Run type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
click on 'Reset Web Settings'

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
> sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to
> the
> site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
> nothing
> happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks - I did as you suggested but I still have the same problem!

Thanks anyway but if there are any more tips I would be grateful!!

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> From Start>Run type
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
> click on 'Reset Web Settings'
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
> > sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to
> > the
> > site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
> > nothing
> > happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi

Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

--

> Thanks - I did as you suggested but I still have the same problem!
>
> Thanks anyway but if there are any more tips I would be grateful!!

>> Hi
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> From Start>Run type
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
>> click on 'Reset Web Settings'
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> > When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
>> > sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken
>> > the
>> > site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
>> > nothing
>> > happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi Will - That very nearly worked!! What happens now is that Internet
Explorer now opens but then hangs up - I notice however that the address bar
in IE is blank not containing any info from the link I clicked on.

Thanks for your help and hopefully the final piece of the jigsaw?

Tom