Hyperlinks

When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to the
site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links nothing
happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?

Any help would be appreciated!!
4 answers Last reply
More about hyperlinks

    Hi

    Try this:

    From Start>Run type

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
    click on 'Reset Web Settings'

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
    > sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to
    > the
    > site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
    > nothing
    > happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!!

    Thanks - I did as you suggested but I still have the same problem!

    Thanks anyway but if there are any more tips I would be grateful!!

    > Hi
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > From Start>Run type
    >
    > regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >
    > then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
    > click on 'Reset Web Settings'
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
    > > sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken to
    > > the
    > > site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
    > > nothing
    > > happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated!!

    Hi

    Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

    --

    > Thanks - I did as you suggested but I still have the same problem!
    >
    > Thanks anyway but if there are any more tips I would be grateful!!

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> From Start>Run type
    >>
    >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >>
    >> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
    >> click on 'Reset Web Settings'
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> > When I received emails or other documents which contained Hyperlinks to
    >> > sites etc I used to be able to simply click on these I would be taken
    >> > the
    >> > site through my browser!. Just recently when I click on these links
    >> > nothing
    >> > happens - can anyone help me restore this situation?
    >> >
    >> > Any help would be appreciated!!

    Hi Will - That very nearly worked!! What happens now is that Internet
    Explorer now opens but then hangs up - I notice however that the address bar
    in IE is blank not containing any info from the link I clicked on.

    Thanks for your help and hopefully the final piece of the jigsaw?

    Tom

    > Hi
    >
    > Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
    >
    > regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    > regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Skyline Pigeon" <tjhsmithspam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks - I did as you suggested but I still have the same problem!
    > >
    > > Thanks anyway but if there are any more tips I would be grateful!!
    > >

    > > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Try this:
    > >>
    > >> From Start>Run type
    > >>
    > >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    > >>
    > >> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs
    and
    > >> click on 'Reset Web Settings'
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Will Denny