Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming laptop under or around 600

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
July 23, 2012 2:19:13 AM

budget :
around 600

screen size :
at least 15.6

screen resolution:
would prefer 1080p

games:
would at the least be able to play crysis one and two ,and starcraft 2 on or very close to ultra
country :
usa

processor:
best for the buck

thank you,ryan

More about : gaming laptop 600

July 23, 2012 2:32:23 AM

Your budget and expectations are very far apart... that would be a difficult task at 800 let alone 600.
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 2:42:17 AM

I had found a gateway around those specs for 600 but it is currently unavailable every where I've looked :(  I also don't mind used or refurbished. And I could say my limit is 800 but I'm looking for around 600. What are some more reasonable specs for my price range?
Thank you for the quick reply as well .
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2012 2:52:49 AM

killswitch710 said:
budget :
around 600

screen size :
at least 15.6

screen resolution:
would prefer 1080p

games:
would at the least be able to play crysis one and two ,and starcraft 2 on or very close to ultra
country :
usa

processor:
best for the buck

thank you,ryan




the 2 parts heavily contradict each other, then you have to factor in that laptops perform less than their desktop counterparts of the same price, so in reality, its like a 400-500$ desktop.
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 3:10:00 AM

dudewitbow said:
the 2 parts heavily contradict each other, then you have to factor in that laptops perform less than their desktop counterparts of the same price, so in reality, its like a 400-500$ desktop.


I was looking around other posts with people asking around.on this site. I'm not very comport savvy, but I found this. HP Pavilion dv6-6135DX Notebook AMD A-Series A8-3500M. It seems to be pretty good, but again I'm pretty oblivious to computers. Perhaps someone could clarify what all these technical specs mean?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2012 3:21:20 AM

killswitch710 said:
I was looking around other posts with people asking around.on this site. I'm not very comport savvy, but I found this. HP Pavilion dv6-6135DX Notebook AMD A-Series A8-3500M. It seems to be pretty good, but again I'm pretty oblivious to computers. Perhaps someone could clarify what all these technical specs mean?



the A8-3500m is a amd llano chip that had a built in 6620g integrated graphics chip. the chip is about as strong as a hd 6450 gpu(extremely low power consuming gpu). It is slightly better than intels current hd 4000 graphics, and can play games at 1280x720 resolution moderately well. pushing it past that resolution would severely hinder performance. This is more based on ideal situations that the cpu in question is not overheating.
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 3:40:01 AM

dudewitbow said:
the A8-3500m is a amd llano chip that had a built in 6620g integrated graphics chip. the chip is about as strong as a hd 6450 gpu(extremely low power consuming gpu). It is slightly better than intels current hd 4000 graphics, and can play games at 1280x720 resolution moderately well. pushing it past that resolution would severely hinder performance. This is more based on ideal situations that the cpu in question is not overheating.


Is that a decent resolution?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2012 3:44:55 AM

killswitch710 said:
Is that a decent resolution?



decent is relative to what you are comparing to. compared to my ancient celeron desktop made in 2004, that resolution would be gods gift if it ran fine. compared to modern standards, it's slightly below medium as enthusiast is 1920x1080 or higher, below that is 1680x9## and this resolution is the one under that one.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
July 23, 2012 3:53:51 AM

and just as a statement for laptops in your price range, a laptop with a

6650m, 7670m and gtx 630m(all 3 are relatively the same power) in that price range, so the major difference will be cpu. the Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 uses an i5-2450m with the gtx 630m(which maybe is the strongest thing you can get at 600$ flat if you look past acers build quality) or the cheaper laptops with a6 llano chips like the Lenovo Z575 or Acer Aspire AS7560G-7622
Share
July 23, 2012 3:54:44 AM

dudewitbow said:
decent is relative to what you are comparing to. compared to my ancient celeron desktop made in 2004, that resolution would be gods gift if it ran fine. compared to modern standards, it's slightly below medium as enthusiast is 1920x1080 or higher, below that is 1680x9## and this resolution is the one under that one.


So what type of setting s would be playable with minimal lag on starcraft 2 and other modern games. And perhaps less modern games such as black ops and crysis 1. I know it's hard to find a laptop with a decent graphics card, especially when I know nothing about them which is why I'm on this forum xD
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
July 23, 2012 3:57:27 AM

killswitch710 said:
So what type of setting s would be playable with minimal lag on starcraft 2 and other modern games. And perhaps less modern games such as black ops and crysis 1. I know it's hard to find a laptop with a decent graphics card, especially when I know nothing about them which is why I'm on this forum xD


left recommendations on my above post


Here are generic benchmarks for the gtx 630m, scroll down and see a generic amount of fps to expect when playing the games at certain settings
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 6:59:48 AM

Best answer selected by killswitch710.
m
0
l
!