Error Message When Downloading Scanner Driver

May 4, 2005 9:14:02 PM

I am trying to reinstall my HP Scanner after updating to XP. When downloading
the driver I get the following message -C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS
APPLICATIONS.
How do I overcome this problem. Many thanks, Kerrie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:21:45 PM

Kay wrote:
> I am trying to reinstall my HP Scanner after updating to XP. When downloading
> the driver I get the following message -C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
> THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS
> APPLICATIONS.
> How do I overcome this problem. Many thanks, Kerrie
Try this article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:19:21 AM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny