Error Message When Downloading Scanner Driver

I am trying to reinstall my HP Scanner after updating to XP. When downloading
the driver I get the following message -C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS
APPLICATIONS.
How do I overcome this problem. Many thanks, Kerrie
2 answers Last reply
More about error message downloading scanner driver

    Kay wrote:
    > I am trying to reinstall my HP Scanner after updating to XP. When downloading
    > the driver I get the following message -C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
    > THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS
    > APPLICATIONS.
    > How do I overcome this problem. Many thanks, Kerrie
    Try this article
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to reinstall my HP Scanner after updating to XP. When
    >downloading
    > the driver I get the following message -C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
    > THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS
    > APPLICATIONS.
    > How do I overcome this problem. Many thanks, Kerrie

Scanners Error Message Microsoft Windows XP