Which ASUS Gaming Laptop To Get

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
They will all perform equally well in games.But still i'd if i were you i'd count the 15 inch one out just because of the display size.I'd also count out the last one from bestbuy.It's hard drive is VERY slow.So its between the last two.

The AS71 has 16 GB RAM (no empty slots); a 750GB 7200 RPM HDD (one empty HDD bay); and no Blu-Ray.

The DS71 has 12 GB RAM (one empty slot); two 750 GB 7200 RPM HDDs; and Blu-Ray.

In my opinion you should get the DS71.Its cheeper and overall better.For those 50$ difference you can easily buy additional 4GB memory.So essentially for the same price as the AS71 you're getting 1 bonus hard drive and a Blu-Ray Drive.

coper210

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Thanks for the reply's guys. The Hard Drive does not matter to me to be honest... I will probably just switch it out in the future, Another thing that I am worried about is that I have heard a lot of things about best buy using "gimped" graphics cards that will perform 10-15% slower than the non "gimped" card... Is this true? I love everything about the best buy one because of the screen and the price but if I am going to be paying this much money for a laptop I need to make sure that I am not getting ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.