Reloading XP on New HD

Due to various reasons I would like to replace the HD in my Dell
Dimension 8250.
The PC came with a reinstallation disk to only be installed on Dell PCs.
If I replace my HD with the exact same one(WD400) that is in it now can
I feel like it will work to reinstall off the reinstall CD that came
with the machine. I have heard so many things about what will work and
won't work reinstalling the OS with a company(and PC specific) reinstall
disk. My fear is that if I put in the exact same but new HD the Dell PC
won't recognize my reinsatall CD. Any comments are very welcome.
Robert

Any HD should work no matter the size or type. Force Dell to answer this one
and if they say "ok no problem" then if it doesn't work raise **** with them
as it would be their problem.