Laptop goes offline

Hello there, I have an annoyance with my laptop, which runs XP Home Edition.
There is no problem going on the internet. However, after a certain number of
minutes in which I am not online, when I click the Explorer icon to go back
to the internet, I get a window which says I am offline and would I like to
work offline or click another button to go back online. I would really like
to find a fix for this. My workstation does not do this, so what could be the
trouble?
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop offline

    Lap-tops are often configurated to auto log off your networkcard so it can
    save battery-energy.
    There is a way to turn this off.
    Check your network preferences. Go to your controlpanel, click on network
    connections..........
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.fast-rewind.com

    "Tribune" wrote:

    > Hello there, I have an annoyance with my laptop, which runs XP Home Edition.
    > There is no problem going on the internet. However, after a certain number of
    > minutes in which I am not online, when I click the Explorer icon to go back
    > to the internet, I get a window which says I am offline and would I like to
    > work offline or click another button to go back online. I would really like
    > to find a fix for this. My workstation does not do this, so what could be the
    > trouble?
    > Thanks.
  2. Quote:

    Hello there, I have an annoyance with my laptop, which runs XP Home Edition.
    There is no problem going on the internet. However, after a certain number of
    minutes in which I am not online, when I click the Explorer icon to go back
    to the internet, I get a window which says I am offline and would I like to
    work offline or click another button to go back online. I would really like
    to find a fix for this. My workstation does not do this, so what could be the
    trouble?
    Thanks.

Laptops Internet Windows XP