Laptop goes offline

a b D Laptop
May 5, 2005 12:26:01 AM

Hello there, I have an annoyance with my laptop, which runs XP Home Edition.
There is no problem going on the internet. However, after a certain number of
minutes in which I am not online, when I click the Explorer icon to go back
to the internet, I get a window which says I am offline and would I like to
work offline or click another button to go back online. I would really like
to find a fix for this. My workstation does not do this, so what could be the
trouble?
Thanks.

More about : laptop offline

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 5, 2005 10:14:01 AM

Lap-tops are often configurated to auto log off your networkcard so it can
save battery-energy.
There is a way to turn this off.
Check your network preferences. Go to your controlpanel, click on network
connections..........
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"Tribune" wrote:

> Hello there, I have an annoyance with my laptop, which runs XP Home Edition.
> There is no problem going on the internet. However, after a certain number of
> minutes in which I am not online, when I click the Explorer icon to go back
> to the internet, I get a window which says I am offline and would I like to
> work offline or click another button to go back online. I would really like
> to find a fix for this. My workstation does not do this, so what could be the
> trouble?
> Thanks.
April 7, 2011 10:31:28 PM

Quote: