Tube impedance

Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 12:56:43 AM

Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance tube
or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the chassis
is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is only made
for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question right and someone
understands me........Thanks John

More about : tube impedance

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:47:52 AM

You mean the YOKE, not the TUBE.

Ohm out the two vertical wires and two horizontal wires coming off the yoke.

Check out this page for some good info:
http://www.8liners.com/datatech/monitor.html

Rob

"John Hacker" <TMC@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance
> tube or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the
> chassis is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is
> only made for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question right
> and someone understands me........Thanks John

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:23:01 AM

Thanks Rob that's what I meant on the yoke........and resistance is 51k but
how do I find out the chassis I have no idea what kind of chassis it is
however it is supposed to be for a dedicated Mr Do!......Thanks

"Rob Carroll" <spy.hunter@verizon.net> wrote in message
> You mean the YOKE, not the TUBE.
>
> Ohm out the two vertical wires and two horizontal wires coming off the
> yoke.
>
> Check out this page for some good info:
> http://www.8liners.com/datatech/monitor.html
>
> Rob
>

> "John Hacker" <TMC@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance
>> tube or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the
>> chassis is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is
>> only made for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question
>> right and someone understands me........Thanks John

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 3:05:53 AM

oops.......51ohms

> Thanks Rob that's what I meant on the yoke........and resistance is 51k
> but how do I find out the chassis I have no idea what kind of chassis it
> is however it is supposed to be for a dedicated Mr Do!......Thanks
>
> "Rob Carroll" <spy.hunter@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> You mean the YOKE, not the TUBE.
>>
>> Ohm out the two vertical wires and two horizontal wires coming off the
>> yoke.
>>
>> Check out this page for some good info:
>> http://www.8liners.com/datatech/monitor.html
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> "John Hacker" <TMC@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance
>>> tube or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the
>>> chassis is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is
>>> only made for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question
>>> right and someone understands me........Thanks John

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:03:45 AM

Check out bob roberts page. He has a what chassis do I have with pictures.
I think it is important to find out before you fire it up.
"John Hacker" <TMC@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance
> tube or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the
> chassis is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is
> only made for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question right
> and someone understands me........Thanks John

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 5:20:06 AM

The Chassis is a Toei CM-F20U. Will this work on a high impedance yoke??????

"John Hacker" <TMC@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to check if a chassis is set for a high impedance
> tube or a low impedance tube? The tube I have is high impedance but the
> chassis is unknown. What will happen if I fire it up and the chassis is
> only made for a low impedance tube????? I hope I asked this question right
> and someone understands me........Thanks John

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 9:37:45 AM

>> I would not use a 8-liner if someone gave it to me.

Well, rawr....
!