WIN 9X DRIVER ERROR MESSAGE

Help and advice please. I am trying to install the correct driver for an HP
Deskjet 1220c printer, I have downloaded the driver for it form HP. When I
try to download the driver, the error message WIN 9X Driver required. I
haven't got a clue as to what this is or is used for, any ideas anyone?

Have you seen whether XP installs it without any kind of drivers? Simply, plug it, restart and see if XP detects it.

"cel504" <cel504@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:847464C5-3652-48E9-844F-C6651CA4BE98@microsoft.com...
> Help and advice please. I am trying to install the correct driver for an HP
> Deskjet 1220c printer, I have downloaded the driver for it form HP. When I
> try to download the driver, the error message WIN 9X Driver required. I
> haven't got a clue as to what this is or is used for, any ideas anyone?

Yes, I have tried that, I have downloaded the driver form HP, but when are
run the set up, the error message comes up saying WIN 9X missing, I am just
interested as to what this is, because I can't get passed this stage of the
install.

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Have you seen whether XP installs it without any kind of drivers? Simply, plug it, restart and see if XP detects it.
>
> "cel504" <cel504@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:847464C5-3652-48E9-844F-C6651CA4BE98@microsoft.com...
> > Help and advice please. I am trying to install the correct driver for an HP
> > Deskjet 1220c printer, I have downloaded the driver for it form HP. When I
> > try to download the driver, the error message WIN 9X Driver required. I
> > haven't got a clue as to what this is or is used for, any ideas anyone?

does this only happen with this download or all, what is the exact message?

"cel504" wrote:

> Yes, I have tried that, I have downloaded the driver form HP, but when are
> run the set up, the error message comes up saying WIN 9X missing, I am just
> interested as to what this is, because I can't get passed this stage of the
> install.
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
> > Have you seen whether XP installs it without any kind of drivers? Simply, plug it, restart and see if XP detects it.
> >
> > "cel504" <cel504@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:847464C5-3652-48E9-844F-C6651CA4BE98@microsoft.com...
> > > Help and advice please. I am trying to install the correct driver for an HP
> > > Deskjet 1220c printer, I have downloaded the driver for it form HP. When I
> > > try to download the driver, the error message WIN 9X Driver required. I
> > > haven't got a clue as to what this is or is used for, any ideas anyone?

Hi,
I have just upgraded to XP and tried to download the lastest HP printer
driver for a deskjet 1220c, when I tried to run this download, the error
message is saying "Win 9X driver not present". This also happens when I try
to install the Toolbox for the printer. The printer, does work, but does not
seem configured properly.

Thanks for any help.

"J-Dee" wrote:

> does this only happen with this download or all, what is the exact message?
>
> "cel504" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have tried that, I have downloaded the driver form HP, but when are
> > run the set up, the error message comes up saying WIN 9X missing, I am just
> > interested as to what this is, because I can't get passed this stage of the
> > install.
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you seen whether XP installs it without any kind of drivers? Simply, plug it, restart and see if XP detects it.

is your priner usb or parallel, make sure you download the driver for
whichever it is, if not then you will be installing drivers with no device
connected.

"cel504" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just upgraded to XP and tried to download the lastest HP printer
> driver for a deskjet 1220c, when I tried to run this download, the error
> message is saying "Win 9X driver not present". This also happens when I try
> to install the Toolbox for the printer. The printer, does work, but does not
> seem configured properly.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> "J-Dee" wrote:
>
> > does this only happen with this download or all, what is the exact message?
> >
> > "cel504" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, I have tried that, I have downloaded the driver form HP, but when are
> > > run the set up, the error message comes up saying WIN 9X missing, I am just
> > > interested as to what this is, because I can't get passed this stage of the
> > > install.

It's a parallel connected printer, there's no choice given on the HP web site
to choose, but I do take your point. The printer does work in a fashion, I
was interested in the Win 9X error message and to what it is referring to.

Thanks for your advice and comments, much appreciated.