spyware?

shaun

I have started to get an annoying link to certain web pages when online.I use
microsoft firewall and have all the updates.Have run Microsoft spyware
removal,Spybot and Adaware and they declare no problems.Somehow this link
seems to have crept through.It is a travel booking company that links up.I
have looked in my internet files and this is the url that first appears when
it pops up;

http://one.vipfares.com/new/index.php?aid=vtvpst&lid=http://global.betfair.com/?rfr=63

or another time
http://one.vipfares.com/new/index.php?aid=vtvpst&lid=http://dd.connextra.com/servlet/controller?service=Contextual_Interactive_Kiosk_120x120

I have tried deleting history/internet files and it still keeps coming
back.Vipfares is the unwanted link company and I am not sure if there is any
other spyware with it.How do I get rid,please?

go to the end links, the actual company that paid someone for advertising
and email them your disapproval along with an invoice for your time cleaning
the problem they caused.
Maybe their ad agency will become slightly wiser when they don't pay the
bill.

"shaun" <shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have started to get an annoying link to certain web pages when online.I
>use
> microsoft firewall and have all the updates.Have run Microsoft spyware
> removal,Spybot and Adaware and they declare no problems.Somehow this link
> seems to have crept through.It is a travel booking company that links up.I
> have looked in my internet files and this is the url that first appears
> when
> it pops up;
>

> http://one.vipfares.com/new/index.php?aid=vtvpst&lid=http://global.betfair.com/?rfr=63
>
> or another time
> http://one.vipfares.com/new/index.php?aid=vtvpst&lid=http://dd.connextra.com/servlet/controller?service=Contextual_Interactive_Kiosk_120x120
>
> I have tried deleting history/internet files and it still keeps coming
> back.Vipfares is the unwanted link company and I am not sure if there is
> any
> other spyware with it.How do I get rid,please?

Visited URLs are included/used by the Auto Complete
feature in IE. The Visited URL data is stored in the Index.dat file that IE
maintains in the upper level of its History folder.

Deleting individual addresses;

In the registry, under a TypedURL key
here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\TypedURLs

Simply delete the unwanted values from the
right-pane.