The pain of choise :)

Edvardas

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2002
Question 1:
Is anything new comming out soon??? I mean not in the ton class, but in the midle (Radion 9600 region)

Question 2:
I think buying a Saphire card. after reading their matrix. i got a question. which is better BGA or TSOP??? As I understand it is how memory modules are connected tothe pcb

Question 3:
I read that 256 megs are waisted on these card. So I'm thinking going for 128 MB. Now the choise standart ram (300MHz) no VIVO, fireblade (325MHz) no VIVO, standart (300 MHZ) with VIVO. and then comes the Overdrive Option (as I understant overclocking utility). Does VIVO come with a tuner, or it's just an analog video in???

Question 4:
How silent they are??? Because I was unable to find aby review with sound tests. Realy interested how they compare to ASUS V9560 (i know NV5600).

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya Edvardas;

1) This years models of cards are still being released and will continue to be released through October.

2) Dont worry about that.

3) with some of the games soon comming out i wouldnt say that the 256MB version is a waste however it is the more expensive option as currently only Farcry can use more then 128MB of video memory, Doom3 and Halflife2 to follow shortly.

4)Most of the new cards are fairly quiet, it wont be an issue.

quick, fast, and in a hurry even -=P

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
The pain of choise :)

Question 1:
Is anything new comming out soon??? I mean not in the ton class, but in the midle (Radion 9600 region)
ahhhhh the pain of bad spelling :wink:

AMD64 2800+
MSI Neo-Fis2r
512mb Kingmax ddr400
Sapphire 9800pro 128mb
10K WD Raptor

1) There will be new cards in the fall from both ATI and nV, but for now they are still trying to get the X800s (PCI-E), X600s and X300s out. There may be some other flavours of GF6800s and X800s (X800GT being one of them). For the next 2 months though, what you see in current reviews is all you can get.

2) BGA is usually better, but there is also crummy BGA as well. Typically BGA will OC further than TSOP, and you will not find TSOP on any of the top cards, only mid-range and cheap cards. TSOP cannot keep up with the current top speeds.

3) This is a multi-part question, first, 256mb is wasted on the mid-range with CURRENT games, who knows what games like D3 will offer (first game I've heard of with a 'need' for 512mb for the very highest seetings) until they are here. That being said, an FX5200 with 256mb will not be able to run Ultra-High on D3 anyways, so it's relative to it's functionality. If you can get a Fireblade edition for the same price as a standard atlantis, then go with the Fireblade. It has faster memory modules guaranteed (2.96ns vs 3.0 or 3.3), and will overclock better. Overdrive is overclocking for nOObs, after a few hours of reading and an equal number of hours tweaking/exploring you should be able to do far better than OverDrive. Also with ASUS their SmartDoctor feature kills overclocks too. VIVO does not have a tuner, just analog in (S-VHS or RCA).

The R9600 series is quieter than the equivalent FX5600 or FX5700. Some people do find it a higher pitched fan noise, but usually inside a case the noise is low enough to be muffled by even the PSU fan. These cards are nowhere near the R9800/FX59xx series cards. IF you want REALLY quiet get the Sapphire <A HREF="http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600-xt-ult.asp" target="_new">R9600XT Ultimate Edition</A> or <A HREF="http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600proult.asp" target="_new">R9600Pro UE</A>. Their cores don't overclock as well, but they are quiet as can be.

I'm not english or american

Argh, so you're Australian, that explains it, SchtoOopid <i>KIWIS</i>! :tongue: :eek: :tongue:

<b>JK</b> :lol:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: