ps/2 keyboard not responding at login prompt

Hi all.

New install, keyboard works perfectly fine in bios, worked perfectly
fine during windows install (registration, administrator password), but
when xp loads up and needs the password to log in, keyboard will not
work.

XP Pro SP2, ps/2 keyboard (tried 2 different ones).

I can't get in to check/update drivers since I cannot log in.

Any help? Please??
3 answers Last reply
More about keyboard responding login prompt

    More information if it helps..

    I got into safe mode and took off the password. I can see now that
    there's some kind of error.. It says "This device cannot start (Code
    10)".

    I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried another keyboard, loaded the
    driver, and I still get this problem with windows loaded. Keyboard
    works fine in bios and in safe mode, and will work after install until
    reboot.

    Anybody?

    eas9...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > New install, keyboard works perfectly fine in bios, worked perfectly
    > fine during windows install (registration, administrator password),
    but
    > when xp loads up and needs the password to log in, keyboard will not
    > work.
    >
    > XP Pro SP2, ps/2 keyboard (tried 2 different ones).
    >
    > I can't get in to check/update drivers since I cannot log in.
    >
    > Any help? Please??

    Since I received an email asking me about this, I will reply for future
    users with this problem..

    Make sure you turn OFF USB Mouse support in the bios.. I don't know
    the relationship, but this solves the problem.

    Whoops... I forgot to mention this is for users of later generation
    gigabyte motherboards.

Login Keyboards Windows XP