ps/2 keyboard not responding at login prompt

May 5, 2005 11:56:37 AM

Hi all.

New install, keyboard works perfectly fine in bios, worked perfectly
fine during windows install (registration, administrator password), but
when xp loads up and needs the password to log in, keyboard will not
work.

XP Pro SP2, ps/2 keyboard (tried 2 different ones).

I can't get in to check/update drivers since I cannot log in.

Any help? Please??
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:08:54 AM

More information if it helps..

I got into safe mode and took off the password. I can see now that
there's some kind of error.. It says "This device cannot start (Code
10)".

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried another keyboard, loaded the
driver, and I still get this problem with windows loaded. Keyboard
works fine in bios and in safe mode, and will work after install until
reboot.

Anybody?

eas9...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> New install, keyboard works perfectly fine in bios, worked perfectly
> fine during windows install (registration, administrator password),
but
> when xp loads up and needs the password to log in, keyboard will not
> work.
>
> XP Pro SP2, ps/2 keyboard (tried 2 different ones).
>
> I can't get in to check/update drivers since I cannot log in.
>
> Any help? Please??
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:11:50 PM

Since I received an email asking me about this, I will reply for future
users with this problem..

Make sure you turn OFF USB Mouse support in the bios.. I don't know
the relationship, but this solves the problem.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:13:40 PM

Whoops... I forgot to mention this is for users of later generation
gigabyte motherboards.
!