Sound icon will not show in right hand task bar

Dear All,
I have been having this issue with my IBM thinkpad. It first occured with
Win Prof 2000. But after installing XP Prof it corrected itself. But only for
a day. Then the icon disappeared again. Despite the fact that " Show icon in
Toolbar " was ticked. I saw a posting similar to mine but I receive no error
message when I tick the " Show Icon..." . Now I have been through a number of
trouble shooting exercises including one posted on the Microsoft website but
to no avail. Could someone please help me. I am not a computer whiz by any
stardard so if you any one has a suggestion please can they make it very
transparent.
Thanks very much,
vb

Byte

Rightclick open area of the Taskbar and click Properties.
Under the Taskbar tab click the Customize button.
Under Current Items is Volume icon listed and under the Behavior
column is it listed as Hide when Inactive?
Click on it and then the down arrow, you'll have three (3) choices:
Always hide - Always Show - Hide when Inactive, select Always show and
click OK.

--
Ask not what your Country can do for
you, but ask what you can do for your

"vinoboy" wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have been having this issue with my IBM thinkpad. It first occured with
> Win Prof 2000. But after installing XP Prof it corrected itself. But only for
> a day. Then the icon disappeared again. Despite the fact that " Show icon in
> Toolbar " was ticked. I saw a posting similar to mine but I receive no error
> message when I tick the " Show Icon..." . Now I have been through a number of
> trouble shooting exercises including one posted on the Microsoft website but
> to no avail. Could someone please help me. I am not a computer whiz by any
> stardard so if you any one has a suggestion please can they make it very
> transparent.
> Thanks very much,
> vb

Thanks for that. But no luck. Any more ideas?