Tech: System 18

Ok... so here's the deal..

Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping out the
code?

I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its one of
the un-broken boards).

I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.

Thanks,

steve
4 answers Last reply
More about tech system

    You searched and didn't find these guys? c'mon...

    http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html

    - Matt

    Steve Muccione wrote:
    > Ok... so here's the deal..
    >
    > Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping
    out the
    > code?
    >
    > I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its
    one of
    > the un-broken boards).
    >
    > I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > steve

    I hope that one sentence wasn't -

    "There's also a little more detailed info with pics on fixing a few of
    the games on the Leopardcats page."

    that is hyperlinked to this -

    http://www.leopardcats.com/decrypt/decryption.htm

    That gives you EXACTLY what your looking for.. and was a few sentences
    below the list your game is listed on.. that was in plain sight; all by
    itself.

    OH.. and a good "helper battery" would be a radio shack flavour 2 x AA
    battery holder with VERY small aligator clips on the +/- leads and two
    alkalines. And that about wraps it up.

    Good luck.

    - Matt

    Yes... I did find them...

    Unfortunatly, Lazer Ghost is listed as not having an encrypted version
    available.

    What I was hoping for was a little more explanation as to exactly what type
    of battery is required?... ok.. it's a lithium, but what size?

    and HOW do I maintain power to the contacts? Do this with the board powered
    on?

    The 1 sentence they give is a bit shy on details....

    steve

    "Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

    > You searched and didn't find these guys? c'mon...
    >
    > http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html
    >
    > - Matt
    >

    > Steve Muccione wrote:
    >> Ok... so here's the deal..
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping
    > out the
    >> code?
    >>
    >> I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its
    > one of
    >> the un-broken boards).
    >>
    >> I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> steve

    Thanks Matt,

    I must have read that page a dozen times and never noticed the final
    sentence... sigh...

    Any idea where to get those tiny alligtor clips? My local radio shack just
    got out of the "parts" (so much as it was) business and is just now phones
    and remote control cars...

    >I hope that one sentence wasn't -
    >
    > "There's also a little more detailed info with pics on fixing a few of
    > the games on the Leopardcats page."
    >
    > that is hyperlinked to this -
    >
    > http://www.leopardcats.com/decrypt/decryption.htm
    >
    > That gives you EXACTLY what your looking for.. and was a few sentences
    > below the list your game is listed on.. that was in plain sight; all by
    > itself.
    >
    > OH.. and a good "helper battery" would be a radio shack flavour 2 x AA
    > battery holder with VERY small aligator clips on the +/- leads and two
    > alkalines. And that about wraps it up.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > - Matt

Battery Games Video Video Games