Ok... so here's the deal..

Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping out the
code?

I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its one of
the un-broken boards).

I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.

Thanks,

steve

You searched and didn't find these guys? c'mon...

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html

- Matt

Steve Muccione wrote:
> Ok... so here's the deal..
>
> Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping
out the
> code?
>
> I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its
one of
> the un-broken boards).
>
> I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.
>
> Thanks,
>
> steve

I hope that one sentence wasn't -

"There's also a little more detailed info with pics on fixing a few of
the games on the Leopardcats page."

that is hyperlinked to this -

http://www.leopardcats.com/decrypt/decryption.htm

That gives you EXACTLY what your looking for.. and was a few sentences
below the list your game is listed on.. that was in plain sight; all by
itself.

OH.. and a good "helper battery" would be a radio shack flavour 2 x AA
battery holder with VERY small aligator clips on the +/- leads and two
alkalines. And that about wraps it up.

Good luck.

- Matt

Yes... I did find them...

Unfortunatly, Lazer Ghost is listed as not having an encrypted version
available.

What I was hoping for was a little more explanation as to exactly what type
of battery is required?... ok.. it's a lithium, but what size?

and HOW do I maintain power to the contacts? Do this with the board powered
on?

The 1 sentence they give is a bit shy on details....

steve

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> You searched and didn't find these guys? c'mon...
>
> http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html
>
> - Matt
>

> Steve Muccione wrote:
>> Ok... so here's the deal..
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to replace a system 18 battery without wiping
> out the
>> code?
>>
>> I have a Lazer Ghost board that I'd like to keep going (of course its
> one of
>> the un-broken boards).
>>
>> I've searched but can't find anyting usefull.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> steve

Thanks Matt,

I must have read that page a dozen times and never noticed the final
sentence... sigh...

Any idea where to get those tiny alligtor clips? My local radio shack just
got out of the "parts" (so much as it was) business and is just now phones
and remote control cars...