Windows XP updates

Hi I have this problem i'm running XP Pro with service pack 2 and when i go
to the microsoft windows update site to update XP Pro it fails on all
security updates were as befor i put on service pack 2 it was fine, I even
turned of the pop up bloker and the firewall. I have also installed a fresh
copy of XP pro with the service pack and still no joy when service pack 2 is
istalled. has any body had the same problem?

Any ideas

You would trt the following: Start>Run and type in this lines without the quotes, and hit <Enter> at each end:

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\atl.dll
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll

Moreover, has you got any error messages?

"Joe Jackson (MCP)" <Joe Jackson (MCP)@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:A2A54723-3605-4DB8-92FE-033D03A9003A@microsoft.com...
> Hi I have this problem i'm running XP Pro with service pack 2 and when i go
> to the microsoft windows update site to update XP Pro it fails on all
> security updates were as befor i put on service pack 2 it was fine, I even
> turned of the pop up bloker and the firewall. I have also installed a fresh
> copy of XP pro with the service pack and still no joy when service pack 2 is
> istalled. has any body had the same problem?
>
> Any ideas

The only message i get is that the windows updates could not install

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> You would trt the following: Start>Run and type in this lines without the quotes, and hit <Enter> at each end:
>
> regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\atl.dll
> regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
>
> Moreover, has you got any error messages?
>
> "Joe Jackson (MCP)" <Joe Jackson (MCP)@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:A2A54723-3605-4DB8-92FE-033D03A9003A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi I have this problem i'm running XP Pro with service pack 2 and when i go
> > to the microsoft windows update site to update XP Pro it fails on all
> > security updates were as befor i put on service pack 2 it was fine, I even
> > turned of the pop up bloker and the firewall. I have also installed a fresh
> > copy of XP pro with the service pack and still no joy when service pack 2 is
> > istalled. has any body had the same problem?
> >
> > Any ideas

Hi again

I can install all other updates except for Security updates!!!!!

any ideas??