Dell Inspiron Extended Warranty

Are there any Dell Inspiron users out there who have taken out the Dell
Care 3 year extended warranty on their Inspiron unit in the UK.

I bought a Dell Inspiron in January 2003 and was approached by phone a
number of times by Dell Care who were pushing their 3 year Next Business Day
On Site Support Contract which extended the warranty on the unit. I finally
took out the cover in September 2003 and paid £199.00 + VAT for the
contract.

I felt secure in the knowledge that whatever happened my Inspiron would be
covered for the next three years, that was until last week!!

My unit began overheating and shutting down, the fault was reported to Dell
Technical Service department and I expected a short call to arrange for a
service call the next day.

No such luck, instead what happened was I was passed from pillar to post for
a week and finally told that they had made a mistake offering me the
extended warranty on my unit because it is a Smart PC model and cannot be
covered, the only thing they offered was a refund of the monies I had paid
for the contract and a return to base repair at my expense. They blamed
'Human Error for this miss-selling and still have not resolved the issue.

Are there any other Dell users out there who have experienced the same
problem as me?

Has anyone else encountered the same problem and managed to get a
'satisfactory conclusion to the problem' i.e. had the ubit fixed under the
contract which obviously exists?

Regards

Richard Myers

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Inspirons are covered under the 3 year warranty as I fix numerous ones on a
daily basis on 3 year warranty contract, although I've not heard of this